The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Hi, all, went for a drive to Skegness over the weekend. Sat on beach, daughter was making sandcastles, when to the water, came back and my X20 (in a small case) was covered in sand. The smooooth zoom now sounds like a packet of crisps.

Still usable, thought.

Daughter is in the cupboard under the stairs :)

Cheers.
Oh dear.... getting her own back at last

Hi, all, went for a drive to Skegness over the weekend. Sat on beach, daughter was making sandcastles, when to the water, came back and my X20 (in a small case) was covered in sand. The smooooth zoom now sounds like a packet of crisps.

Still usable, thought.

Daughter is in the cupboard under the stairs :)

Cheers.

:jawdrop:

Bloody kids! Who' have 'em eh....oh wait :facepalm:

**Reminder to self** Lock all camera gear away in a nuclear blast proof safe before walking away from Daughter **

Fuji X30 arrived this afternoon. Now I have the usual panic before I get a screen protector fitted. Can anyone recommend a good one?
Taking it to my daughters wedding on Saturday, don't want to get it scratched......
Allan

Fuji X30 arrived this afternoon. Now I have the usual panic before I get a screen protector fitted. Can anyone recommend a good one?
Taking it to my daughters wedding on Saturday, don't want to get it scratched......
Allan

On my xf1 I used one from my s3 cut to size.

Allan

Why should it get scratched? I don't have a screen protector on my X10, it's been kicking about in various bags, ordinary backpacks, dangling off my wrist, no noticeable scratches on it!

I've scratched other lcd screens in the past, now, I cover everyone I have, just in case. I'm a bit anal about scratched screens...

Anyway, the X30 user manual. The supplied manual and the one on the dvd are pretty useless and are just the basic versions. So, I had a search around and found a full 273 page manual for the camera.
It goes into far more detail of all the functions and can be downloaded in pdf form from HERE, if anybody is interested.
Allan

Wasn't really saying don't do the screen protection, just that it'll be OK for a few days... but of course, YMMV!

Cheers for the link to the manual, Allan. Been meaning to Google one up but keep getting distracted!

Just ordered a new X30! The devil made me do it...should be here Wednesday.
Sounds an ideal camera, X20 image quality with an X-T1 size viewfinder.
Have many people on here got one?
Allan
I'm at home feeling sorry for myself as I've got some sort of cold/man flu so I let myself be convinced. It hould be here before 13:00 tomorrow. I just hope I use it more than my X20......

If its any help, I think its nicer than the X20. Its a tad bigger, feels more solid, EVF is great and the tilt screen is nice to use. Went out with it this morning in the woods, nothing spectacular but got a few nice shots. Images are very similar to my old X20.
Allan

So where are they then????

Like I said, nothing spectacular. One in the woods towards the morning sun..

15551783532_d6fa7774a0_z_d.jpg

And a macro shot

14930206874_e1fce79baf_z_d.jpg

Those were Classic Chrome, as was this one, using super macro.

15551016665_cbbe57a55c_z_d.jpg

I'm taking the camera to my Daughters wedding tomorrow, I'll be able to have a play with all the settings.
Allan

Not heard anything, no upgrades online yet.

It's already on YouTube. The rx100 fits in a chicken, the x30 doesn't

End of test

Well, that's pretty conclusive then. You know what to buy!
Allan

If chickens are anything like bags, we'll all end up with a coop under the stairs.

That chicken reminds me of something but I'm blowed if I can remember what. Whatever it was it was a heck of a long time ago.

AL

Is anyone using the XF1 solely in EXR mode? I used it over the last week and impressed on it's ability to nail some decent shots of a family day out when I didn't have the time to tinker with the settings.

I was the same..started..41 minutes :eek: fast forward..meh..fast forward...meh. Zzzz

Back