The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

:mad::(:crying:

Had an idea of a shot I wanted last evening - kind of one that reflects the boys playing on a warm summer's evening. Unfortunately, it didn't really come out how I wanted - I really wish I could gain some PP skills

summer evening games
by damianmkv, on Flickr

No, I didn't want it quite as flat / muted on the boys - I wanted them to stand out a *little* more. Is that just a case of selecting the brush tool and painting them back with ( say ) 50% opacity ?

I want to keep the light of the left of the bridge

Are you using Lightroom Damian? If so then yes, the adjustment brush will work fine. Darken the areas you want to and lighten the areas you want to pop by either selecting an increased exposure or lifting the shadows. You could even paint everything dark and erase the bits you want to stand out. Same applies for ACR.

I have elements 11. It's not bad but doesn't really give me the control I want ( I think...maybe... )

Yes, it does. I need more time to practice and learn. In 4 years, I've never edited a RAW file until 3 weeks ago..

Sometimes ( not at Motorsport ) but to be honest, I don't know how to get the best out of the files

For drag racing, sometimes. Although having had a play with a RAW file the other week, I can see that it's possible to get a lot more detail out of them so maybe I'll change...

I've been playing around with the compressed and none compressed thinking that it may be quicker to shoot compressed as the files are smaller but it takes time for the camera to compress the file so it actually seems to take longer. :rolleyes: So i've gone back to my 14 bit lossless compressed.

This is on the D7k,. not the xf btw.

Hello, I'm back from a family holiday in Fuerteventura with the big camera and the XF1 - the XF1 came out with me on bike rides and to the pool, and I'm working through those photos first.

In reverse order, a couple from yesterday morning's pre-breakfast bike ride into the Corralejo dunes. These are cropped to get rid of extraneous foreground rather than using the panorama function.

Morning calm by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr

Morning views of Lanzarote and Lobos by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr

Thanks :) I did struggle a bit in bright sun. Sometimes what I saw on screen looked wrongly exposed but when I got it in the shade to review them they were actually fine so I ended up trusting the camera rather than myself and shooting RAW so I could try to fix it later if necessary.

One afternoon on the beach I decided to play around with some of the effects

Miniature effect beach by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr

Dreams of summer by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr

I ordered one of the Crumpler CC70 cases from the bay last week and it was delivered today. It's a great fit and I'm definitely a lot happier throwing it into a bag now that it's in a case.

Can I ask what everyone has C1 and C2 set to on their XF1?

Also, if you were handing the camera to someone who wasn't used to such an advanced camera, what mode would you put it in?

So missing my XF1 hope it's not too long before they fix it or replace

H

Back