The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Hi David, Some great shots you got there, the detail is excellent and I really like you B&W PP work.(y)

George.

David, wow, I really like that set.
Is it your processing, the camera or your new plug-in.
If it’s the plug-in it looks like saving up for Christmas.

Rhodese.

I was taking some pictures in the garden this morning, when out of the foliage came....."KAA".

6015-1405866609-b49cf6db2f332a71a88db34758e734a9.jpg

Its an X20 shot of a trumpet lilly ready to open, I thought how much it looked like a pythons head.
To make it a bit dramatic i.e. coming out of the darkness and a bit cartoonist. I spot metered off the extreme highlights. EXP was in P, ( iso 100, f9 , 1000sec.)

Then had a play in PS.

Still a kid at heart.

Rhodese.

Haha, wasn't the plug-in as I didn't use it. :LOL: in fact haven't even looked at it yet.

PP was in Lr 5.5 using the 'high contrast b&w'. Then brushed in 100% clarity, -15 highlights and +5 contrast just to give set bits an edge. Sharpen to 35-50 then vignette to -10 and feather to suit.

Oh, then choose astia for the film sim which gives a little more kick. :)

I must start using LR, I've got 5.5 it comes with CC. I just cant get my head round it.

I think I can hold my own with ACR and PS but that pesky Lightroom grrrrrr.

Rhodese.

Nice shots mate. Love the second one.

Just out of curiosity, what bag do you have for your d7k? I've bought myself a messenger type bag and found it's given me a new leaso of life. I think alot of the problem for me was having a slingshot bag and not wanting to carry that.

A lowepro something - it has the body, 70-300, 17-50, 35, flash, charger and lead, diffuser, several CPLs, spare battery, lee soft grad, WA filter holder, adapters, 10 stop, batteries for the flash, raynox....and maybe some other stuff

Now you see why I get fed up lugging it around :)

Lovely moth and those be some funky Peppers!!

Damian, get yourself a messenger type bag that big enough for the camera and a lens and I think you'll find you take it with you more. I bought the Crumpler Nikon one and it's great for bunging the body and 2 lenses in (one on the camera). Mines come with me more than ever just lately and it's been the XF that has been neglected.

Lovely moth and those be some funky Peppers!!

Damian, get yourself a messenger type bag that big enough for the camera and a lens and I think you'll find you take it with you more. I bought the Crumpler Nikon one and it's great for bunging the body and 2 lenses in (one on the camera). Mines come with me more than ever just lately and it's been the XF that has been neglected.

Those funky peppers are nice and hot too:D

I too agree about the bag. I have a small crumpler bag (Pretty Boy 3000?) that I often pop the D3100 in with a couple of lenses when I go out.

I love the d7000... But I think I love the thought of the xf1 more ie the size is awesome - just slip it in a pocket and go. And we both know the 35mm doesn't see the light of day much :(

Now I've got to find something the same size with a 150-200mm zoom and no loss in IQ ;)

Last edited:
Thinking about it...I *might* have another bag somewhere...will have to check

EDIT - found a lowepro 102 AW slingshot in a drawer. Big enough for the body, 17-50 and 70-300 :)

Last edited:
I took a trip to North Norfolk on Thursday, v hot! Managed to take a spare X10 battery with me, would have been an even better idea to take a charged one :( D'oh!

Sheringham. The slipway, any ideas how to get this straight?
The slipway. Sheringham, North Norfolk. by Farmejim, on Flickr

Sheringham station, The Poppy Line. In bright sunlight I forgot I'd left aperture on f2.5 which caused the sky to bleach out.
The Poppyline. Sheringham station. by Farmejim, on Flickr

Weybourne village from the carriage window on the Poppy line. Could have been sharper probably.
Weybourne, North Norfolk by Farmejim, on Flickr

Last edited:
Smaller than the other bag though. Even wifey said she was surprised I had the wrong camera for the red arrows :eek:

Nice shots! Love Norfolk. :)

For the first I'd straighten it with the lampost or the uprights on the fencing on the top of the bridge. :)

Damian, still a slingshot... o_O
Thanks David, that part of Norfolk is still pretty and unspoilt [ssshh! don't tell anyone:)]
I tried using that lamp-post as a baseline but then other parts started looking wrong. I'll have another go....

Sheringham. The slipway, any ideas how to get this straight?

Jim, looking at in PS everything under the bridge and the railings are upright/vertical.

The lens was at 57mm so you wouldn't expect much distortion.

The out of kilter bits at the top right can be pushed to conform with "Transform Warp" be careful to only use it in that area.

Alternatively use "Puppet Warp" be sure to pin everything that is vertical before adjusting the non vertical bits.

Rhodese.

Last edited:
Cheers Rhodese, I hadn't played with puppet warp for ages, forgot how good it is for bending things!
The first image doesn't look particularly wonky so maybe just leave ot as it is?
I think you're right David, it's not too bad, I'll leave it as is.

Anyone after an official Fuji charger for NP-45 & NP-50 I've just out one up for sale in the classifieds.

Cheers

Had my little XF-1 delivered today, and looking forward to testing it out. Finally have a decent little camera that I wont mind carrying everywhere with me.

Had my little XF-1 delivered today, and looking forward to testing it out. Finally have a decent little camera that I wont mind carrying everywhere with me.

Welcome to the Club..

Any reason for buying both?

Any reason for buying both?

I dont know if this question is for me, but ill answer it anyway (y)

Although the X20 isnt exactly a large camera, it still isnt exactly what i would call pocketable, so i got the XF1 for the pocket (take everywhere), and the X20 for when I dont mind carrying around a small camera bag.

Back