The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

On the mention of White ORBS ....

I have noticed there may be some hints of White ORBS with my XF1, this was when I took a photo of glass bottles with a light reflection in them. I noticed a hints of very small white ORBS, not nearly so much as the X10, but just hints never the less.

Again I am not worried by this, as I will simply avoid these situations, and keep an eye out for bright light sources.

Last edited:
5725-1404140019-94e592e6eab397c65e85b056b4391bf5.jpg

5726-1404140068-335f1077605d16b182466f3a268ad65d.jpg

What actually is orbs? Got a pic??

I already posted photos last month, from my X10 :)

I'm getting a X10 soon. Any advice or details I should look at when searching for a good one?
The ORB issue was a bit of a prob with some early X10s but I don't think there are many left around as Fuji replaced the sensors if you were unlucky to get one.
The serial numbers read e.g. 21Q01234
The first 2 numbers are the manufacturing date so 21 means it was made in 2012 in the 1st quarter.
I believe that the X10s with ORB problems were in the 14 / 21 range i.e. between last quarter 2011 and 1st quarter 2012.

I had my X10 fitted with a new sensor. Fuji issue paperwork detailing the upgrade when they send it back. If the seller can't produce this then I would assume. It hasn't been done.

The ORB issue was a bit of a prob with some early X10s but I don't think there are many left around as Fuji replaced the sensors if you were unlucky to get one.
The serial numbers read e.g. 21Q01234
The first 2 numbers are the manufacturing date so 21 means it was made in 2012 in the 1st quarter.
I believe that the X10s with ORB problems were in the 14 / 21 range i.e. between last quarter 2011 and 1st quarter 2012.
Thanks! I'll start looking for some auctions and try to catch a good one at a fair price.
If I don't, I saw it selling for 234€, new, with warranty, so it's almost not worth buying a used one...

That is a good price - with the impending X30 it may just drop a bit more. However, you could put off buying a camera for months. It's sometimes better to grasp the nettle and just crack on and get shooting.,,

I'll probably get it new from Spain. 199£ is about 250€. In Spain I can get it by 234€, which is really low (and more convenient, since I'm from Portugal). Seems I'm getting myself an early birthday gift xD

Cracking things aren't they. I found one on a window at the weekend, typically, no camera other than my phone.
Fantastic creatures. Someone found one at work last week and I had to carry it out and release it as they couldn't pick it up! Obviously I didn't have a camera with me then apart from my phone!

That took some posing and it's not quite how I imagined it so I need to make a few tweaks. And the gennel isn't very wide so I was up against the other wall.

Maybe a nice 10.5mm fisheye lens would be better... :D

So now I'm wondering if I could trigger an OCF with the pop up... hmmm....

:D

Hi David, You sure can!!!

If your off camera flash is not equipped with a photo electric triggering cell (usually only studio units are) then you can get one with a hot-shoe mount from fleabay very cheaply. They work a treat.

Hope this helps.,

George.

Love the colour on this last shot @minnnt !

Btw, just ordered an X10. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be part of the family too! :D

How's everyone doing? :D

I'm going into hospital to be induced on Thursday so my newbie should be here soon! Any tips for getting the best out of an attempt at newborn photos using the x10? Want to give it a good bash! Really wish you could use the pro focus mode in raw.

Shallow dof and nice light. You can fake the 'pro focus' in PP or you could just do it in camera yourself. ;)

Thought you were going to say you were going to photograph the event... :eek:

:D

Last edited:
I think alot of us do, I went through a phase where I never used my dslr and just used the XF but now I've been dipping my toes into lighting it has kind of had a role reversal but it's never far away.

Back