The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

@ silverman Where in Dorset did you go and stay? I am looking to plan a week away next month with the Wife and the baby. Dorset is a contender at the moment. Was ideally looking at a cottage and wondering around. The XF1 can come along with us :)

X20 now in classifieds.

@ silverman Where in Dorset did you go and stay? I am looking to plan a week away next month with the Wife and the baby. Dorset is a contender at the moment. Was ideally looking at a cottage and wondering around. The XF1 can come along with us :)
We stayed in a small village called Hazelbury Bryan, very quiet but not too far to travel if you want to visit places like Dorchester or Corfe Castle. Loads of places to walk straight from the front door and a lovely pub (Antelope Inn) in the village.
We stayed at http://stablesholidaycottage.co.uk/ and it was fantastic:)

A quick one before bed as Gordon's come out of hiding, this is f1.8, iso1000 hand held so a little grainy in places but still pretty good I think for the XF1

15228469040_d4a722b491_o.jpg

Is there likely to be a new xf1 out in the next 6 months? Plan to get a compact for the wife, no immediate need prior to April 2015.

Recently went on a little business trip to Munich, so took my trusty XF1 with me to take a few snaps around the Oktoberfest ...ival. Nothing special obviously as Id had 3 litres of beer before most these were taken. Thought the camera coped well though (y)

DSCF1346 by Full_Frame_Fan, on Flickr

DSCF1364 by Full_Frame_Fan, on Flickr

DSCF1368 by Full_Frame_Fan, on Flickr

DSCF1370 by Full_Frame_Fan, on Flickr

DSCF1390 by Full_Frame_Fan, on Flickr

DSCF1380 by Full_Frame_Fan, on Flickr

Thinking back in time to 10 years ago most people would have not bothered to take such shots with their film cameras.
Those with high speed film in their high end cameras would have achieved no better, if as Good.
Last time I was there was in the mid 50's with My little solinette ll with 17 din Adox film, and a f 3.5 solinar lens would have stood little chance

Thinking back in time to 10 years ago most people would have not bothered to take such shots with their film cameras.
Those with high speed film in their high end cameras would have achieved no better, if as Good.
Last time I was there was in the mid 50's with My little solinette ll with 17 din Adox film, and a f 3.5 solinar lens would have stood little chance

Thanks. I continue to be surprised by this little camera.

Mine's just surprised me, but not in a good way.
Was taking some photos this afternoon and it's suddenly developed sticky shutter blades - all my pics are now white.

What really annoys me is that it has done this TWO DAYS after I bought a spare battery. The little sod.

Yes please, if you still have it, but I fear it's probably out of warranty...

From summer past. A splash of colour.

X20, Jpeg. 1/500sec, f4, iso 100.

8521-1412702764-a8a8eb23348152d9c33aab7f2a6f509e.jpg

Rhodese.

Last edited:
Time for some one to add X30 to the heading
seems deliveries are in the post.

Thanks Andy, it was a quick snap while out walking the dog around the field at the weekend. Got home and downloaded it to pc and thought WOW not bad at all.

If i was being picky it could do with slightly more DOF.

I will have another go when it is cold and frosty

Aah, true enough.

Bummer is, I might be going away to Paris for a few days next week or week after, so one need to decide whether to take a slimmed-down EM5 kit (ie just the 20mm) or buy a second hand compact for the trip. Might give an LX5 a go.

These things always break at just the wrong time - boilers, washing machines, cars and cameras.

Done...

While I was away it seems the original X10 thread got merged with the replacement that Yv started, so I'm back as the thread starter :shrug:
Thread starters can change the thread title :)

Well done that man Good to see you around. :D

Back