The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Cheers :beer:
Feels good to be back - glad to see a few familiar names as well as lots of new ones.

My X10 is still being abused on a regular basis; here's one taken last week that initially I wasn't sure about but has grown on me.
It is a fog bank rolling in over the trees - sometimes simple is best!
View attachment 22234

Good news everyone! [/Farnsworth]

My XF1 started doing even weirder stuff than just overexposing, so I did a factory reset... and all is well again. Bizarre.

Still, a bit of a relief given I'm going away on Monday!
Big thankyou to minnt for sending me the receipt - would you like it back?

Good news everyone! [/Farnsworth]

My XF1 started doing even weirder stuff than just overexposing, so I did a factory reset... and all is well again. Bizarre.

Still, a bit of a relief given I'm going away on Monday!
Big thankyou to minnt for sending me the receipt - would you like it back?
Also make sure that the lens is clean. I had issues when there was a finger print on it.

Ha, thanks. :) I think the advice I have been given in the thread for it has really helped me with the re-edit.

Wow the other one has had over 3k views... :)

I've had a little play with my X30, mainly trying to get used to the menu and settings. Really super impressed with what I've seen so far especially the low light performance.

wonder how the x30 will compare to the rx100 m3...I took my xf1 on holiday this year and it produced some good images but I was left wanting a *little* better / sharper shots...

I know that the x30 isn't as pocketable but thats' not the end of the world for me

I don’t have loading problems, I'm on Virgin 100mb; it usually runs at just over the ton.

8587-1412952625-152eb6e5f253ccaa365af561ba1ba798.jpg

Rhodese.

Last edited:
And now my XF1 has packed up again. Curses :bang:
Time to dig out the trusty old EM5 and 20/1.7. Goin' old school.

Since the X30 has the same sensor and lens as the X20, any differences will be down to its newer firmware algorithms, and lens profile adjustments.
But it should be easier to use and more accurate to compose.
It also has full remote and adjustments via a smart phone or tablet using wifi.
For instance if you stick it on a long monopod, high shots become easy and controllable.

The rx100 m3 has a larger sensor but smaller zoom range,It is far less adjustable you need to delve into the menu systems for manual type or advanced settings. it does not have wifi. It has a low pass filter on the sensor so looses some of its detail quality.
The rx100m3 is a very high grade consumer point and shoot.

The sony and the fuji are aimed at slightly different markets, as the X20/x30 controls handle more like a DSLR than a compact.

Last edited:
The second site is a grey goods seller.

Also, I can find no reference to VAT on the website.

My bargepole is safely stowed.

Last edited:
Thinking about cloning out that pier leg at the RHS of my photo as its distracting ?

What a small world! We only discovered Bramcote about two months ago (having lived in Chilwell for 30 months), now we try to get there on Saturday and Sundays to walk the pooch (soon to be pooches).

One from the garden, this morning.View attachment 22487

The area is quite good for dog walking, although I do find Bramcote is very easy due to decent parking and large space so not over crowded. Attenborough Lakes are always a little too busy although swimming is the easiest way to actually wear out a springer spaniel.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on the X-M1 as an upgrade on the X10? I see Fuji are offering the 50-200mm zoom if you buy one over the next few weeks.

@Bickers, could you please tell me if the "spirit level" shows in the OVF as well as on the rear screen - my main complaint against the X-20 is that the level isn't visible in the VF so am hoping that this has been included now the VF is entirely E rather than O with some overlay!

Still enjoying my XFs but not putting any more miles on the X-20 now I've decided it's going to fund (or help fund!) an X-30 (probably!)

I would chime in with some updates on the X30 but I completely fail at even getting out of the house to use it so far. Mind you, I did take a picture of my thumb in macro mode. So, er....thumbs up?

@Nod I don't recall seeing one on either the screen or evf although I've not worked out how to get grid lines overlaid yet as I start reading manual but then just start shooting!

Back