Midlands The Peak District - Camping and Photography Locations

Edit My Images
No
Hi!

This weekend I was planning on a 3 day stint in the Peak District. Unfortunately the weather was looking a little lack luster, so I'm postponing it for a month (booo!)

My plan though to book into a camp site and camp (in a tent), do everything on the cheap, and have a bit of an adventure. This would have been the 1st time I would have attempted anything like this (well...Not camping, but camping and photography over a few nights), I was wondering is it something others do, and have any tips recommendations?

Anyway....Apart from that, I did have a few key locations logged into my Garmin - Lady Bower Dam, Monsal Dale Weir and Man Tor.

And I was wondering if anyone have any other favorite locations?

Hi!

This weekend I was planning on a 3 day stint in the Peak District. Unfortunately the weather was looking a little lack luster, so I'm postponing it for a month (booo!)

My plan though to book into a camp site and camp (in a tent), do everything on the cheap, and have a bit of an adventure. This would have been the 1st time I would have attempted anything like this (well...Not camping, but camping and photography over a few nights), I was wondering is it something others do, and have any tips recommendations?

Anyway....Apart from that, I did have a few key locations logged into my Garmin - Lady Bower Dam, Monsal Dale Weir and Man Tor.

And I was wondering if anyone have any other favorite locations?

Not a clue, but if you want some company I'd be more than happy to come up. Not in the same tent mind, don't get the wrong impression! :LOL:

Not a clue, but if you want some company I'd be more than happy to come up. Not in the same tent mind, don't get the wrong impression! :LOL:

that would be cool - how close are you to the area ? Planing on end of next month now.

that would be cool - how close are you to the area ? Planing on end of next month now.
Depends on where exactly you're looking to camp, but as a middle of the park estimate it's 158 miles to Lady Bower.
I have a feeling Padley Gorge is around 3hrs for me so it's easily doable. Would drive up after work on a Friday and depart on the Sunday evening.

We are almost the exact same distance from the park (153 miles)

I had looked at a number of sites, all more or less central. The park itself is not that large, and getting around wont be a problem (i think!).

The only issue you may have is all of the camp sites have a fairly strict lights off policy at around 10-10.30pm. So if you want to camp I suspect they might want you on site and set up before the time you might arrive...but im only guessing!
But ill probably be heading up on a Friday morning (work for myself....handy!), with a plan to get setup and one sunset in somewhere :)

Totally up for some company though, you can use the T/S :)

We are almost the exact same distance from the park (153 miles)

I had looked at a number of sites, all more or less central. The park itself is not that large, and getting around wont be a problem (i think!).

The only issue you may have is all of the camp sites have a fairly strict lights off policy at around 10-10.30pm. So if you want to camp I suspect they might want you on site and set up before the time you might arrive...but im only guessing!
But ill probably be heading up on a Friday morning (work for myself....handy!), with a plan to get setup and one sunset in somewhere :)

Totally up for some company though, you can use the T/S :)

If I finished work at around 4, traffic depending I should be there by 7:30-8pm. I'd miss the first sunset but I'd be ready for the Saturday morning no trouble.
My place is fairly lenient on finishing early, so I would have no trouble getting out an hour or so before 5.
I'm away from the 17/10-5/11 so as long as it's not in that date range I can't see an issue!

Now that would be awesome! Thanks!

Take a look at hayfield campsite, very close to everywhere you've listed. I live about 2 miles away if you want any local knowledge or info. Would also like to come along and learn

Three Shires Head, Lumsdale, Sheldon, Roaches.....there are just too many places in the Peak District ;-)

Mandale house holiday site, 10 minutes from bakewell, they have a barn that might be taken and plenty of field space. 01629812416

Last edited:
Back