The Pub

Excellent set, 3 & 5 are my favorites.

That is a very nice set indeed :)

Too many there to critique each individually, but I'm finding myself really drawn to no.5.
Very simple, but obviously a lot of thought has gone into the composition, focal point and DoF and it's paid off.
Lovely detail and warmth in the carved woodwork - really draws you in.
I'm just slightly distracted by the bright patch in the background and would really love to see it toned down a touch.

The only one not really working for me is no.6.
I'm struggling a little with the focal point here.
My eye's automatically drawn through the arch rather than the plates and lamp which is obviously where you intended us to look . . . and when I get through the arch there are just too many distractions and odd angles (like the lamps) for my eye to actually settle anywhere or to be drawn back to the intended focal point.

Thanks, I can understand what you mean with #6 - the pub has every inch of wall and ceiling covered with something interesting, I was looking for an aesthetic way to show it off - but yea, understood

A great set I like them all but I do prefer the candid nature of 1,2 & 4

Steve

Thanks, I can understand what you mean with #6 - the pub has every inch of wall and ceiling covered with something interesting, I was looking for an aesthetic way to show it off - but yea, understood

It definitely looks an interesting place and now that you've said it I get what you were going for with showing everything off.
I just wish I could come up with a suggestion to get it all in without it looking too confusing.

It definitely looks an interesting place and now that you've said it I get what you were going for with showing everything off.
I just wish I could come up with a suggestion to get it all in without it looking too confusing.

Had I not been confined to my stool, I could have got a different view point - or explored the entire pub area. But all those shots were from one position, so next time I'll sit somewhere else :)

These are really lovely #3 & #5 for me with #5 being my absolutely fav, such perfect dof it's wonderful!(y)

lovely set of images, love the tones and lighting :) the only thing that is bothering me is that they are ever so slightly too grainy/noisy for me, it might be worth having a bit of a play on camera raw with noise reduction :)

lovely set of images, love the tones and lighting :) the only thing that is bothering me is that they are ever so slightly too grainy/noisy for me, it might be worth having a bit of a play on camera raw with noise reduction :)

Isn't camera noise reduction for long exposures?

The first shot, is taken at 12,800 - maybe there are pieces of software which can handle NR better than LR.

Isn't camera noise reduction for long exposures?

The first shot, is taken at 12,800 - maybe there are pieces of software which can handle NR better than LR.

I find this a very good noise reduction program and its free - I don't use light-room so can't comment- I use Photoshop CS 5 and that has a very good noise reduction element

Link- http://noiseware-community-edition.en.softonic.com/

Lovely set by the way

Les ;)

I have photoshop CC, if you recommend using that?

Can't really comment on that as I have never used it - the free Noiseware really works though - I'm sure somewhere in CC there will be a Noise reduction element, That said the noise present in your set does not detract from the images in my opiion

Les ;)

Back