The Ray Estate, Kirkwhelpington, Northumberland

Edit My Images
No
This place has been covered in snow for the last 2 weeks, but with a load more snow overnight, and the sun beaming down, I decided it was time to go for a walk. Except no sooner had I walked 100 yards, the weather turned once again...

Ray Demesne...
4230452417_e85ccb9c2d.jpg

Blizzardy...
4231218602_1776f9451c.jpg

Anyway, I had a bit of a wander around, then went back inside. 30 mins later, more glorious sunshine, so went back out...

Snow dune...
4230639885_40d9d3c01b.jpg

Looking up...
4231392882_6517fb073a.jpg

Outstanding in its field...
4230757833_97609746b7.jpg

:D

Braver than me Oliver took one look outside and decided warmth and whisky were the order of the day

Nice series, I like your captioning too. The snow dune looks like it could be massive but in reality? :)

Like the looking up one too. Well done.

In reality it took me 2 hours to get to the top :LOL: Not really. It was only about 10 metres infront of me, and about 2 metres higher. The little bristles sticking out were only a few inches tall. Glad you like'em (and the captions (y)).

Braver than me Oliver took one look outside and decided warmth and whisky were the order of the day

Well I must say, it's was the first time I've taken a walk in the snow during this current spell. Didn't go far though, but was still nice to get out. :D

Good set, loving the last one!!

Thanks taxi. Glad you particularly like the last one. I like those minimalist ones, but never sure whether they're interesting enough. The lighting is good though, so that helps a lot.

Thanks for the comments guys :D (y)

Thanks taxi. Glad you particularly like the last one. I like those minimalist ones, but never sure whether they're interesting enough. The lighting is good though, so that helps a lot.

I know that feeling. I did try to copy your idea, but without any luck. I couldn't get an even enough piece of ground, without any background clutter :(. I'll definetly keep it in mind for the future.

I know that feeling. I did try to copy your idea, but without any luck. I couldn't get an even enough piece of ground, without any background clutter :(. I'll definetly keep it in mind for the future.

Well I'm flattered that you've tried :LOL:

I used a 105mm prime for my shot. The longer the lens the better, for isolating a small section, and don't crouch down too low. In my shot there were some distant trees just out of shot.

Keep trying though (y)

Back