The return of the Queen.

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
The female Kingfisher was back on the scene this evening.
Its been a while since I have captured any half decent shots of her.
So here are a few plus some of the male and the latest perches I have put out for them.

5834049752_e18e43ff05_o.jpg

5834222932_c1eeac1642_o.jpg

5833613927_d296700177_o.jpg

5833496439_e10d1f9027_o.jpg

5833703171_53aaa3b79e_o.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Marty

Last edited:
Come on Martin even I know how to spell " Scene " :D Grate set as always (y) The perch works really well too.

Come on Martin even I know how to spell " Scene " :D Grate set as always (y) The perch works really well too.

Sorry Rich it was getting a bit late for me and I had just spent 3 hour going through 500 odd pictures.
I take it you spelt Great as GRATE to make a point;)

Fantastic shots, colour and sharpness great ! Can I ask what camera and lens you used ?

Words fail me for once Martin as these are als superb in every respect sir and I take my hat off to you :clap::clap:
They have also inspired me to dust off my 150 - 500 Sig which I do not use nearly enough !
What distance was she from you may I ask please ?
John

PS/ wish I had followed my heart and gone in for Graphic Design when I had the chance ! Boris V would be proud of his influence if he saw your backrounds !

They have also inspired me to dust off my 150 - 500 Sig which I do not use nearly enough !
What distance was she from you may I ask please ?
John
Thanks John.
Most of my shots are between 2-5m. All of these where at about 3m. The siggy is an under rated lens. I manage OK with it but wished it was a few stops faster.

#4 has made it on to BBC Spring Watch red button gallery tonight.

PS. If you are interested my illustrations are at www.cooperart.com

A fabulous set of images all nicely composed and exposed Martin.

All stunning picture`s there number 4 best for me

Lovley set yet again, they are a joy to see. I agree the backlit preening one is for the best of the bunch because it captures another moment in the life of the bird I wonder to give it more definition if you burned in the highlight on the eye a tad, it is there but just too faint to show???

(y) Another great set. These Kingys must be costing you a small fortune on storage space.

Back