The right settings?

Edit My Images
Yes
Had my new Canon 7D a little while, starting to get used to it. But there are a couple of things that I need advice on. So far I've kept the white balance on auto and the metering on evaluative. Most of my photos are outside and are of football matches. Are these settings appropriate? If not what settings should I be using.
Any comments welcome.

What lenses have you got? As you are called 'footydad' I am taking a wild guess that you are photographing your kid/s playing football.

Are you getting the photos you want and like? If the answer is yes, then the settings are right :)

auto white balance is pretty good.. I generally change mine when I am shooting indoors.. outside i leave as is... The metering I have always had at evaluative because thats what I was told many yrs ago and I have never felt the need to change it :)

Auto WB is good, i always use Matrix or Evaluative metering as you canon guys call it unless for seriously bad backlit circumstances and i will switch to spot metering but ill also change the image circle size

AWB for me, unless the game is under floodlights - then I usually set it myself.
Metering - funnily enough in recent times I've preferred to do that on Manual, I know it depends on conditions and so on.. and each to their own :)

Back