the secret valley

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
this is really for the benefit of my birding friends ,i have mentioned over the last few days that i have started going back to the secret valley reserve ,its local to me and old m.o.d weapons factory ,shut down for the last 50 years and nature is slowly taking back over ,access is limited to people that either belong to the wildlife group there or the historical group .access is via a electronic gate and guardhouse due to the fact that there is 350,000 tons of unexploded mustard gas bombs and shells LOST on the site ,no one was allowed to keep records as it was also where the atomic bomb was developed during ww2 prior to the scientists going to los alamos to make it .

the first picture shows one of the signs for the toxic marl pits where if a bomb or shell started to fizz it was hastily dumped .

IMG_2937
by blackfox wildlife and nature imaging, on Flickr

next shot is one of the signs from around the valley ,telling any visitors what different parts were used for this if you can read it is self explanatory

IMG_2936

and the final one for the moment is of one of the larger buildings as it succumbs to nature .most of these large buildings now are home to pipistral bats and birds of prey

IMG_2939

Looks an interesting reserve Jeff, lots of good habitat for nature to exploit. Staggering that so much toxic material can go missing, im surprised there is any access too it at all.

Back