The Taste Of Honey

P-E

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
A few sportrait shots from the EPL. Not sure if the tackle is legal in the last one.

Sorry about the title but it was on the shirts.

IAN_5310-2.jpg

IAN_5388-1.jpg

IAN_5328-1.jpg

IAN_5379-1.jpg

IAN_5319-1.jpg

IAN_5367-1.jpg

IAN_5356-1.jpg

IAN_5323-2.jpg

TFL Ian.

Nice crisp images !
On hockey sportraits .. IMHO - I don't like it when the stick is cut off. But that is just my personal opinion. I know that in many of the hockey sportraits that is the case.
Although like the number 19 in the 'close up' here.. in that it works cause you cropped it so tight that there is no ice on the shot (well, no 'empty' ice).
But the rest.. well, maybe I am just overly picky about this but it just feels like something is missing.

Interesting shot the last one... shame they weren't facing you. But the hockey player rarely think of us - the photographers. Still like it even from this angle!!

Nice series all in all... (even with my 'stick obsession'...)

Cheers fellas (y)

Yes I know what you mean GooGaBu and I'm one of those that likes to get tight in for the shot :)

Cheers gingerjon......I wasn't sure if it was a tackle or they were figure skating dance partners :D

Great sharpness & Exposure Ian (y), Yep i think the last one is a deffinate foul :LOL:. Kind regards Graham.

Great sharpness & Exposure Ian (y), Yep i think the last one is a deffinate foul :LOL:. Kind regards Graham.

Now here's somewhere with a lot of light! Tricky to get the exposure right sometimes though I'm sure. These all make for nice portraits - action's a bit confusing in the last one! :LOL: #2 for me!

Thanks again fellas.

Just thought I would post one more........not everyones thing with the added zoom blur.

IAN_5308-1.jpg

I like the blur effect.

Shame there's not a tad more light on the fellas face.

Thanks Rich (y) Yes the face could have done with being a bit brighter.

Excellent shots. Be well pleased if I could get pix as sharp as these.
Like No6 best and the blurr effect works for me too.
Well done !

Were these taken with your 300/2.8 ?

Last edited:
Cheers Rockshifter (y)

Yes all taken with a 300mm 2.8 apart from both netminder shots.......they were with a 70-200 2.8.

I don't like the thick borders and i feel they are all cropped to tight, also apart from the last shot i feel they are to static for a frantic sport apart from that i think you have done ok.

Mick.

Thanks Mick. Yes I like to go for more of the sportrait type shot and get in tight ;)

Back