The universal trigger interface (The little box)

Any updates ? - e.g. visibility of documentation or options/packes we will be able to order "soon" ?

BTW - should I now be posting this over on the Triggers discussion threads ?

Ta,

Jim

Any updates ? - e.g. visibility of documentation or options/packes we will be able to order "soon" ?

BTW - should I now be posting this over on the Triggers discussion threads ?

Ta,

Jim

Mike has been writing the manual but it's like playing darts with someone moving the dart board. I keep optimizing the code and then adding something else or renaming things BUT I think that we have a current final version now so the manual should not be far behind. Also we don't have any pictures because the boxes have been CNCd and screen printed but now they are with the PCB builders so Mike and I are using bare boards still.

Everything is coming together though and we have all our leads and a delivery date for the products. Boxes, stickers for boxes etc have all arrived too. Web site is in development and should be finished in time to take orders which should be a week on Saturday to coincide with the show, although I can't see any reason we can't take some orders before that date.

We will keep you all informed (y)

further update!

I finally have a working prototype board, in the right box, with screen printing done, and (thank you Darren) the final :)lol:) version of the software!

should be able to get pictures and manual up in the next day or so

and then, with luck and the wind in the right direction, we can open the website!!!

excited - moi?!?!?!:nuts:

Last edited:
oki doki
stand by your beds for a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

ladies and gentlemen - and I really do mean all of you
I am pleased to announce the grand(ish) opening of the Photo Triggers website!

doors will open tonight at midnight!

we think eveything is ready
a few of the pictures need updating

I am assured by the techie chaps who understand these things that if you "buy" we don't actually take any money (yet!)

we will note that you tried so you get you place in the queue (no pushing at the back there!

If there are any issues, please do tell us - else we'll never get to fix them!

roll up roll up - come and get it!

oh and the link would help d'oh!

www.phototriggers.com

Last edited:
Great news about the site Guys - well done :)

Might have missed it in the website but any visibility of the full specifications of the Unit itself and the available triggers ?

Ta,

Jim

Also - is there any way to apply software upgrades without purchasing the Computer Interface lead ?

JIm

John has just been sent a long to do list complete with the specs list.

Just bare with us regarding the web site. It will be all be updated by this evening complete with specs, correct kits, leads etc all done....

First glance at the manual looks good.

Title on section 4.1 appears wrong

"Interwatometr" ?

I haven't read it all yet

...do the trigger units have any mounting threads so you could attach to tripods/light stands etc. or do you need to jury rig something ?

"Interwatometr" ?

Is this a private preview or is it available to download ?

Last edited:

"Interwatometr" ?

Hello Richard
just trying to catch up
you say there's a typo in section 4.1
I just looked and can't see it!
what are you looking at?

cheers
Mike

Also - is there any way to apply software upgrades without purchasing the Computer Interface lead ?

JIm

Jim
you can return the unit to us for an upgrade, but the cable is really cheap!
it also provides power and an interface to control the unit from the PC
HTH

Jim
you can return the unit to us for an upgrade, but the cable is really cheap!
it also provides power and an interface to control the unit from the PC
HTH

Thanks - I've got "Wife Radar" issues with buying anything new at the moment ;)

...so I've gotta just use my Paypal Balance and despite trying to sell a few things recently I've still only got £205.35 at the moment to play with but I'm working on that.... unless there's some secret way to actually get "cash money" paid into paypal :bang:

Jim

Thanks - I've got "Wife Radar" issues with buying anything new at the moment ;)

...so I've gotta just use my Paypal Balance and despite trying to sell a few things recently I've still only got £205.35 at the moment to play with but I'm working on that.... unless there's some secret way to actually get "cash money" paid into paypal :bang:

Jim

well I see it this way
starter pack is £199 list
pooter cable is £19 list
total so far £218
tp discount for fighting your way to the front of the queue 25% £54
total damage £164

so the only question is - what will you spend the other £50 on!!!

oh and we will take cash - used notes only, non-sequential serial numbers

well I see it this way
starter pack is £199 list
pooter cable is £19 list
total so far £218
tp discount for fighting your way to the front of the queue 25% £54
total damage £164

so the only question is - what will you spend the other £50 on!!!

oh and we will take cash - used notes only, non-sequential serial numbers

...so with the sound trigger as well I make that £200.62 then ? :woot: :banana: :hug2:

...had originally assumed that the TP Discount was only on the starter pack :cautious:

(y)

Jim

nope discount across the board!

use discount code "phototriggers25"
gives 25% discount to tp members!

The way we have done it means that effectively you are getting the computer lead & sound trigger pretty much for FREE :)

I would probably buy the vibration lead too, it is only about a fiver but certain things are picked up better by their vibration rather than sound and for a fiver its a no brainer.

The way we have done it means that effectively you are getting the computer lead & sound trigger pretty much for FREE :)

I would probably buy the vibration lead too, it is only about a fiver but certain things are picked up better by their vibration rather than sound and for a fiver its a no brainer.

"Vibration Lead" ? :thinking: :shrug:

I will check later to make sure John has put it on. It's a fiver and plugs into the mic socket.... 2.5m lead with a piezo disc to detect vibrations

Thanks - had a look just now and couldn't see it - sounds interesting :)

There was at one time mention of a solenoid and controls to regulate the flow of drips. I can't see this mentioned now. Has this been abandoned in favour of the low tech poly bag with a hole in it, and if so how do we get collisions between two drops, other than by extreme patience and good luck?

There was at one time mention of a solenoid and controls to regulate the flow of drips. I can't see this mentioned now. Has this been abandoned in favour of the low tech poly bag with a hole in it, and if so how do we get collisions between two drops, other than by extreme patience and good luck?

A solenoid controller is already built and working BUT we are doing this on a full professional build basis ie CNC cut, silk screen printed boxes, quality PCBs etc etc. The tooling costs are such that we cannot launch all the products at the same time and will need to re-coup some of the initial outlay on the controller, sound trigger and water droplet boxes before we can launch the remaining triggers and controllers. The software IS already built into the device so it is just a matter of plugging it in.

We will be offering tutorials on different techniques. Collisions can be done using our kit. Personally I use a burette. We will probably start selling burettes, water taps etc later but again we needed to put the money into the main electronic boxes first......

mmcp42 said:
Hello Richard
just trying to catch up
you say there's a typo in section 4.1
I just looked and can't see it!
what are you looking at?

cheers
Mike

It it the title - but I wonder if there is a glitch with the PDF reader? making up letters. Sorry :-(

It it the title - but I wonder if there is a glitch with the PDF reader? making up letters. Sorry :-(

odd thing is it isn't published yet - so you sure you're looking at www.phototriggers.com ?

can you send me the link - we're all confused here!

cheers
Mike

The spec says it can be used to control cameras via IR - so does the Box itself have an IR transmitter then ?

The spec says it can be used to control cameras via IR - so does the Box itself have an IR transmitter then ?

indeed it does
programmed to work with a range of cameras!

if nothing else you can just use the controller as a remote!
also has self-timer functionality

(hmm all it needs is a lens...):bonk:

Yes the controller is programmed to work with 6 popular brands of camera. We hadn't mentioned this earlier because we had been unable to test this function. It is now tested and working on Canon, Nikon and Sony. The other 3 should work according to the camera's specs but at this time we have been unable to test (as we are able to test then we will add those names to the spec/advert). Hopefully people will bring cameras to the convention that allow us to test this function. The three untested brands are Minolta, Olympus and Pentax. The choice was leave them out (even though they will almost certainly work) or stick them in and don't advertise the feature until we test it.

Excellent work all round. Can I add Panasonic M43 to the radar.

Excellent work all round. Can I add Panasonic M43 to the radar.

What socket does it have?.....

I'll have a look. Panasonic are an absolute pain, they don't just require a combination of different pins connected they have varying resistances between the same pins which is not a major issue but they change it between some models as well some it means more and more leads specific to models.

What socket does it have?.....

I'll have a look. Panasonic are an absolute pain, they don't just require a combination of different pins connected they have varying resistances between the same pins which is not a major issue but they change it between some models as well some it means more and more leads specific to models.

Is that like the GX1 ?? It looks like it.....

Back