The Watchmen

Thanks everyone ... agree the Porters make the image for me also .. Glad they stood still for a few frames :) It was pretty cold but thankfully only a 15 minute walk to a nice warm cup of Coffee. I actually met another photographer out there that morning, James Appleton (not sure if he frequents these forums or not) ... was quite odd meeting someone who literally only days before I had been admiring his work and also trying to get some ideas on Cambridgeshire Photography spots....

Here's hoping for a little more wintery conditions as we head into the new year ....

Not heard of James Appleton, but this might also be of interest, another local photographer whom I have communicated with
http://www.jeffharrisonphotography.co.uk

Like the photo, slightly different take on one of the Backs bridges. Not so keen on the porters when they stop me wandering across the colleges unless I cough up

Last edited:
Just clicked on the photo and got the much bigger version which really does show it up as a great photo, especially all the details and subtle colours. So are these porters some kind of posh bouncers/doormen?

That's a great shot Nigel I like it very much, with good composition and delicate colouring.(y)

George.

Back