The Weasel

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
A shot of my favourite animal, The Weasel, this shot was taken at the Stoat site ( see other post ) and was one of the last shots I captured of this amazing little creature.

The Stoat and Weasel shots were the culmination of 10wks work, about 8wks of that was spent finding the right spots to introduce and set up the tripods and Bag Hides, then another 2wks spent in the Bag Hides trying to capture some shots. A lot of effort for a handful of shots, but worth it in my opinion.

Canon 1D3, Canon 500f4LIS + 1.4TC, Gitzo1325, WWS Bag Hide

Full Frame, with a few pixels off the top to aid the composition.

Weasel-4-1024-32 by Xtrail Andy, on Flickr

Thanks for the feedback on the Common Seal Pup shot and thanks for looking.

Andy...

Your time and effort was well rewarded, these have been a great selection of images of what can be a very elusive species.
The nearest I came was in a hide when I stretched my legs and went to another windows and saw a Stoat crossing the iced-over stream ... my camera was at the other window and by the time I had got it across the Stoat had disappeared! :(

What lovely creatures an well captured (y)

Great shot, I only ever saw one once (stoat) and needless to say, didn't have a camera.

Nice shot (can I say that with this not being the bird forum :)?)

It is a nice shot tho. Looks sharp (on my iPad) and good low PoV.

Great shot, I only ever saw one once (stoat) and needless to say, didn't have a camera.

Cheers Zimmer, pleased you like it.

Nice shot (can I say that with this not being the bird forum :)?)

Steady on, Brash...you know that "Nice Shot" is not a proper form of Critique :runaway:

Thanks for commenting, it's appreciated (y)

Steady on, Brash...you know that "Nice Shot" is not a proper form of Critique :runaway:

Thanks for commenting, it's appreciated (y)

I did go on to quantify it.

I got my Weasel shot on the 2012 countryfile calendar and have been a judge for the
last 4 years with the BBC, so i feel qualified to say what a fantastic image, truly well
done for all your hard work, it's been well worth it.

Your patience paid off, what a cracking shot, you must be really pleased

Thanks Daryl

I got my Weasel shot on the 2012 countryfile calendar and have been a judge for the
last 4 years with the BBC, so i feel qualified to say what a fantastic image, truly well
done for all your hard work, it's been well worth it.

Cheers Mark...it's not a patch on your shot, capturing a Weasel at Full Tilt is no mean feat and deserved to be on the calendar.

That's one "Cracking" shot Andy, great composition, lovely stance, and good detail.(y)

George.

Well worth the effort, and a lot of people don't realize how much a photographer put's into "making" the shot... This is your reward after 10 weeks, many would have given up after 5.

hat's off....well done, you should be proud

Your efforts have certainly paid off. Hats off to you and others who put the time and effort to get photos like these.

Your efforts have certainly paid off. Hats off to you and others who put the time and effort to get photos like these.

Thanks Simon...

Well worth the effort, and a lot of people don't realize how much a photographer put's into "making" the shot... This is your reward after 10 weeks, many would have given up after 5.

hat's off....well done, you should be proud

Cheers John...I agree re the effort put in, and hopefully that will show in my images.

Great capture your planning paid of I would have given up on day two.

I'm not really 'into' wildlife photography, an odd trip to the zoo certainly doesn't count - but this is a 'wow' image for me. Fantastic colour, detail and composition. Superb.

Great capture your planning paid of I would have given up on day two.

Thanks Ed...pleased you like it.

I'm not really 'into' wildlife photography, an odd trip to the zoo certainly doesn't count - but this is a 'wow' image for me. Fantastic colour, detail and composition. Superb.

Hi Brian...praise indeed and very much appreciated, it's good to know that so many on here like the shot, it makes the time spent in the hide getting the shot worth while.

Exceptional capture, lovely colours and so so sharp, one can see why this is a favourite.

Back