The wee fella

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
im looking for advise on what to do with this one, i really like the picture but im useless at the pp stuff, i was thinking of printing it and framing it for the wee ones granny, and suggestions..

3430170904_e45fa1b079.jpg

A little crop will help a bit, and I've run it through a few tweaks on PS to give you an idea of where I'd take it.

baby-1.jpg

i like the edit neo2810

i like even more now !! other than the crop, what did you actually do here

I'll assume you have photoshop :)

- Gave it a sharpen (Unsharp Mask radius 1, 50% I think)

- I gave it a little curves contrast boost (open curves in PS, click once right in the middle, then click halfway between middle and top-right and drag the square up and to the left of the diagonal line to lift the highlights, then click halfway between middle and bottom-left and drag that square down and to the right to deepen the shadows)

- Ran it through Portraiture (its a plugin) but using a copied layer and radial blur then selectively removing bits you don't want smoothed would also work.

- Brightened the background (open an adjustment layer and select curves, click on the bottom eyedropper from the 3 on the left and click on a shadowed bit on the background a couple of times. This will lighten the whole shot so you then select paintbrush and ensure it's black, click on the white mask box in the new layer, and paint carefully over your baby so his skin returns to the original colour)

- Used a 50% burn tool set to shadows and ran it over the baby's darker bits (hair, eyes, hands and neck) to accentuate the features

That's about it I think... :)

Last edited:
thanks for help neo, im away to give it a go...wish me luck

Good luck (y)

Give me a shout if you need any further explanation ;)

(Oh, and thanks Mel :) )

Back