The "What is it?" thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
over it comes :)

f-_dcim_103_fuji_dscf3837-jpg.16473

Thanks, Jim and No, Nick. I don't use electricity when I use this other than a single spark at the beginning...

No priming involved.

Much smaller.

A bit bigger!

So it is a valve of some type, camping stove?

Can be used on a camping stove if you like (and is very effective when so used.

Not a stopper (or any part of a bottle).

No, no and no.

Pretty sure that at least one of you has something that does the same job. In fact, I have several including 2 or 3 different sizes of the object in the photo as well as a few plug in ones.

It's not that either.

Clew thyme...

The circular bit is 10mm diameter and the measurement across the "lugs" is 15.2mm.

Bonus clew...

It doesn't click into anything, the "lugs" are supported at their ends.

No, although it does emit liquid under a little pressure. Usually used indoors but can be used anywhere there's a heat source...

Another no, Jim.

Trying to think of a clue that doesn't give it away too easily - if I manage to, I'll post it!

For the time being though, this will have to do... I used to use this 2 or 3 times per day but now use a different item to produce a similar result.

Fubby's closest so far but not close enough.

We have a winner! It's the coffee spout inside a Bialetti espresso maker.

Woohoo, i'll break out a macro lens tonight and post something later :)

Any 'rules' for this thread, had a quick peek but couldn't see anything but my search skills may be failing me.

no "real" rules IIRC other than posting the shot within 24 hours and notifying the "winner" via PM/Conversation :)

Is anyone else sometimes having problems getting this thread to load? The rest of the forum seems speedy enough but this thread has the occasional problem on several machines (desktop, an assortment of laptops, a couple of tablets [web not app] and a phone.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back