The Witch's Sister

Name
mark
Edit My Images
No
Springtime anywhere is always a nice time to take a camera walking and for shooting ... dare I say, candid 'people pictures'
without getting involved semantics! ... that's candid with a small 'c', meaning natural and unsophisticated such as the young lady is. ;)

RiverWitch2.jpg

1st September is the beginning of spring Downunder.​

Lovely shot, nice and sharp, crop to portrait orientation maybe?

I like the original too - that little shed gives interesting atmosphere and depth to the pic, especially in view of the title! :LOL:

Must agree, original far better, now it looks like to much of a snapshot.
C

I prefer the original Mark (y)

I like the original too - that little shed gives interesting atmosphere and depth to the pic, especially in view of the title! :LOL:

Must agree, original far better, now it looks like to much of a snapshot.
C

I prefer the original as well, I like the background. Strange bokeh rendering, lens?

I really like that #1 for me too (y)
Thanks guys. Personally, I think that an appropriate backdrop can provide an insight into a subject's personality and lifestyle.
I am a great fan of National Geographic photographers who often characterise their subjects by depicting them in an ethnic context.

Last edited:
Quite agree, give me an outdoor portrait any day over the white background studio shot. Sorry white BG people :(

Thanks V8, I might add that 'locational portraiture' if you will, combines landscape with portrait photography.
Studio portraiture is a genre all of its own requiring a considerable investment of money, time and skill.

I prefer the original aswell Mark but both are nice
:)

Back