They're BIG!!! En-el4a & BL-3

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Just taken delivery of a new genuine Nikon EN-EL4a battery & genuine Nikon BL-3 (both from Amazon) for my D700 & MB-D10 & by god these are MASSIVE to say the least... For the price of the battery alone I can see why they're expensive.. I've seen smaller truck batteries :LOL:

I didn't realize that these are the size of the normal EN-EL3e battery trays..

Am I impressed - Yep
Was it worth it - Yep

So to anyone thinking of getting these two then go ahead I'd say its well worth the price....

The EN-EL4a is just attached to the BL-3 where as the EN-EL3e is in its tray...

Last edited:
The en-el4a's also last for ever and a day, they just keep on going. Ive yet to completely flatten one. So far the most shots ive got out of one is 1366 and it still had 10% left in the battery. Definatley worth the money if you are after extra batteries.

Trig, got a '4a for my D2x (I already use standard 4s) and per charge I'm getting probably another 700+ shots. 1700 is about the total I've had from it, which is a hell of a lot of shooting :)

think they're cool from the size of them, just wait til you /try/ to run them down... my spares are the biggest waste of money and weight of anything in my bag...

What charger are you using for the EN-EL4a?

A Nikon MH-21 - brought from a fellow TP'er after placing a wanted ad in the threads.... Thats quite huge as well :LOL:

You'll only ever need one. I've got over 3000 in one day and still enough juice for a few more...power....it's pure power...

I think that one will do it... Have two EL3e's....

:thinking: I dont think that I could afford another one at the mo :LOL:

Last edited:
Back