Think I'm going Nuts...

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Back to testing things again... received my second set of tubes today so of course I had to try 2 full sets of tubes.

So these aren't pieces of work just me playing around to see what 2 tubes give me... the result was 3.22:1 Magnification on Tamron 90mm and a bit more working distance than the raynox 202 even without the 1.4x teleconverter.

1. Was trying to shot the front door spiders but they weren't around but this little fella was sat quietly on our house number sign. Only shot I pulled off before he flew off cause of ring flash modelling light so not great focus. No Crop

2x Full Tube Test-6810
by bthomas124, on Flickr

2. One of the front door spiders babies :D only a few mill or so big slight crop.

2x Full Tube Test-6820 by bthomas124, on Flickr

3. Set to Inifinity

2x Full Tube Test-6816
by bthomas124, on Flickr

4. Set to 1:1

2x Full Tube Test-6817
by bthomas124, on Flickr

5. Test Ruler.... each notch is 0.5mm

2x Full Tube Test-6822
by bthomas124, on Flickr

6. Snail

2x Full Tube Test-6818
by bthomas124, on Flickr

7. Bokeh at 1:1

2x Full Tube Test-6807
by bthomas124, on Flickr

2x Full Tube Test-6814
by bthomas124, on Flickr

Feel free to comment even if its to refer to my need to get close.

:ty:

Last edited:
Well someone has been busy haven't they:D

Firstly you have bokeh so that has made my day, you can't beat a bit of lovely bokeh:banana:

I've never really seen what tubes look like so having 2 sets on, does that make a pretty huge set up?

Even though i hate spiders that spider baby is kinda cute and love the snail:)

Even though i hate spiders that spider baby is kinda cute and love the snail:)

Your a strange woman :clap:

Last edited:
Oh and.. Great set of pics, 2x tubes, wow. Keep it up.

Thanks all for your comments appreciated as ever and I love the fact you like my test shots gives me hope for when I take this "bad boy" out for a proper spin.

Snail is my personal favourite too... though I liked the moth

Dare I say... Ooo thats a long one..

It doesnt look too bad to handle, so you going to get this dialed then go for three..? ;)

I like the snail shot too. I bet you need longs arms to hold on to this setup Bryn :)

Dare I say... Ooo thats a long one..

It doesnt look too bad to handle, so you going to get this dialed then go for three..? ;)

Nope got a teleconverter 1.4x to try on this beast and then a raynox 202 :D gotta to be careful not to fall into micro territory otherwise that will be another ball game.:exit:

I like the snail shot too. I bet you need longs arms to hold on to this setup Bryn :)

If you saw me you wouldn't think that!!! :p Its not too bad actually to hold I dont use focus ring anyway bar dialing the magnification I want as I use the rocking/breathing technique.

Tubetastic!!! I need to invest!!!

1 set from SRB photographic and 1 set Kenko from Digital Rev... and yes you need to invest Matt ;)

My advice is don't go cheap....! The set I got cheap were nasty very nasty. Look for a set that is at least 250g or there abouts. :D

Ill call myself gone once I've purchased the mpe then put 2x tubes and telec 1.4 and the raynox on the end ;)

I have a funny feeling I would get on well with it!

We all need to do springtail portraiture dont we (no cropping) o_O:p

Lovely set of pictures,was this the set you where not happy with and if you dont mind me asking why where you not happy

Meike AF Macro Auto Focus Metal Extension

Lovely set of pictures,was this the set you where not happy with and if you dont mind me asking why where you not happy

Meike AF Macro Auto Focus Metal Extension

This was not with the set I wasnt happy with these were captured with kenko and SRB set.

Explanation >>>>> here

Back