This will bring some of your childhood memories back

Edit My Images
Yes
Hey Guys,

I am sure that this will bring some memories back for a few of you.

It's my step dads 1974 Puch Moped.

I have loads of fun on this when I come to visit, it turns so many heads.

I hope you like it.

4894412361_7f3fe20037_b.jpg

Thanks.

You're right it does bring back a lot of memories. I had a similar Puch moped - I couldn't afford the much wanted Yamaha FS1E - eventually I ended up with a Honda 50, before thankfully, getting a company van - happy days.

Thanks for the memory trigger!

Chris

Never seen one of them before, what a cracking old moped! Hope you don't mind but I couldn't resist running it through one of my 'vintage' actions in PS (can remove if you don't like it)

4894412361_7f3fe20037_bcopy.jpg

I actually tried to do some vintage pp on it.

I don't mind at all, infact, would it be possible for you to email the action? As I want to get this framed for my mums husband and yours looks better!

I also have a Yamaha CS5E and a Motor Manet in the garage which I will get a picture of tomorrow for you.

Thanks Sword,

I have PM'ed you my email address.

I will grab a picture tomorrow of all three of them and run them through this action.

E-mail sent... MrGas its just an automated process which gives the retro look. I played with the hue and saturation a little (which it lets you do). It's not one of my own but it was available for free download, can't for the life of me remember where from though.

I coveted the Fizzer but never could have afforded one.

I use to have a Batavus Compact 50cc moped, with little 10" wheels and a bright yellow paint job. SBU436R how nerdish is that LOL.

I don't think I even have a picture of it now unless there's one among the million slides in my loft that I never look at.

Ahh those where the days, 1/2 gallon of 4 star and a squirt of oil for 37p, and it lasted 2 weeks :D

E-mail sent... MrGas its just an automated process which gives the retro look. I played with the hue and saturation a little (which it lets you do). It's not one of my own but it was available for free download, can't for the life of me remember where from though.

cheers thanks

I coveted the Fizzer but never could have afforded one.

I use to have a Batavus Compact 50cc moped, with little 10" wheels and a bright yellow paint job. SBU436R how nerdish is that LOL.

I don't think I even have a picture of it now unless there's one among the million slides in my loft that I never look at.

Ahh those where the days, 1/2 gallon of 4 star and a squirt of oil for 37p, and it lasted 2 weeks :D

yessssss!!

I had a Fizzy......purple.. N reg!! Polished it to within an inch of it's life, took the baffles out to make the obligatory roar!!

I don't suppose they have those 2 stroke oil "shot machines" at petrol stations these days - happy days.

I too lusted after an FS1E, but sadly never made it. Many years later there is a still a part of me that wants a bike, but I think I've got my quota of hobbies.

Chris

Oh dear. Yes I can remember them! I had a Suzuki AP50. I managed 58mph tanking it down a long straight. Those where the days!
My mates had fizzy obsession. I could hear the swarm of bees coming as they came down the street. Oh memories...

Kev.

That's a tidy shot (& edit),nicely composed (y)

Had my first bike,late 76,a Honda ss50 5 speed with a green tank
Upgraded to a Yamaha RD 250 the following year :love:

Happy days indeed

You load of 50cc pussies. My first bike ever was a Honda 250 K4 in 1973. Bought it new from FK Sharpe in Lincoln High Street. Rode it down the alley and side street behind the shop for five minutes to get the hang of it, then on to one of the busiest High Streets in the country for a 30 odd mile ride home. 50cc my ass.

You load of 50cc pussies. My first bike ever was a Honda 250 K4 in 1973 ..... 50cc my ass.

Yep I 2nd that, my first bike was a Yamaha RD 250, wouldnt be seen dead on a pop pop machine :cool: Mind you I only had it for 2 weeks before I wrapped it round a lamppost and nearly killed myself :puke: Its strictly 4 wheels these days :LOL:

Steve

Last edited:
My mate had a fizzy and I had a Puch Maxi :crying: But I was 17 10 months before him and got a Honda 70 Crunch. Old Fogey's looking bike, but he couldn't keep up with me! :)

You load of 50cc pussies. My first bike ever was a Honda 250 K4 in 1973. Bought it new from FK Sharpe in Lincoln High Street. Rode it down the alley and side street behind the shop for five minutes to get the hang of it, then on to one of the busiest High Streets in the country for a 30 odd mile ride home. 50cc my ass.

Not at 16 though. ;) :D You had to wait another year.

Kev.

My dad banned me from having a bike. So having always lived a sort kamikaze lifestyle one day I arrived at home with a new Honda CB100N. I parked it in the drive and went and sat in the living room. My dad was in the garage working and so I sat looking out at my new machine and wondered if I would soon be riding it off with a tent packed on the back as I was surely going to be kicked out.

He walked out of the garage and saw the bike, he paced around it staring, or was that glaring at it. He rolled his carefully grown mustache a few times and his cheeks went in as he sucked on pipe.

Smoke rose from the pipe, I tried to read it, was it a war signal to my mum, she was in the kitchen cooking, was he ordering the carving knife to be sharpened. He went into the garage for a moment, maybe to get some other tool of torture and then walked towards the house. I sat resolved to just walk out if he started, but strangely enough he didn't other than to say "Nice bike".

After dinner he took it for a ride and two days later arrived home with a Honda CJ 250 (I think it was CJ). Within a couple of months he had added a Honda 650 and the best of all a Royal Enfield 250 Continental which he returned to concour finish. I remember watching as my mum and dad rode off to tour Belgium.

Yep to the OP your pic of a Puch brought back quite a few memories :D:D

stew

Speaking as someone who's about to go back to riding a motorbike officially today after 20 years of car ownership (just sold the car), the photo (both versions) certainly ticked all my boxes.
Reading this thread had whetted my appetite, can't wait to pick up my new motorbike today! (It's a Yamaha YBR125 Custom).

Pah, so you didn't start riding until you were 17. The rest of us had our freedom for a year by then.

Does anyone remember the Raliegh Wisp? from late sixties, early seventies

I used to own that very flying banana when i was 16, I got laughed at, wish I had it now.

Raliegh runabout and the whist were great and I even had a Norman Nippy and an NSU Quickly .. oh happy days!

yeah great days :)

I used to own that very flying banana when i was 16, I got laughed at, wish I had it now.

Raliegh runabout and the whist were great and I even had a Norman Nippy and an NSU Quickly .. oh happy days!

my old man had a Norman nippy , it was the first bike i rode !!!

wow what a coincidence. Some friends talked about those two bikes recently. They buried them in their garden years ago, you did not dig them up did you Marac?

stew

I wish..... a Norman Nippy would be worth a nice packet right now, I'd love to have one, I'd ride it around town.

Raleigh Runabout...............that rings a bell. When I was about 15 a couple of mates bought one of these and used to mess around with it on wasteland. Not being part-owner I didjn't get many goes, so I invested in an old moped, a Mobilette. I think what my friends and I did on these two mopeds were probably the beginnings of extreme sport! :puke:

great shot of a lovely looking bike

I had a Puch Grand prix myself (1977 model)

Did you ever go out at night on it? I have memories of having to wait for a car to come up behind me so I could use it's headlights to see my way down the road on one of those :LOL:

Did you ever go out at night on it? I have memories of having to wait for a car to come up behind me so I could use it's headlights to see my way down the road on one of those :LOL:

yeah the lights were dreadful , they were direct so were brighter when the engine was revving more !

Back