This year's style

simon ess

Just call me Roxanne.
Edit My Images
No
Some time ago, I decided I was going to take a different approach to insect photography this year.

A few ladybirds appeared in the garden yesterday, so it was my first chance to try it out.

Haven't quite got my eye in yet and the blade of grass was vibrating like a guitar string in the wind, but I think this is ok to illustrate what I'm aiming for this year.

Thanks Jason. I'm delighted you like it.

I'm pleased that the type of image I had in my head might just work.

Can't wait for more beasties now.

I like it as well especially as it is a bit 'different' being a 'minimalist look' for which there is room - so nice one :clap:

Excellent photo Simon.

Is the lady bug oof? Lol you know all photos have to be pin sharp dont you. :runaway:

Really good composition and as mention very minimalistic. Look forward to this years photos.

I like it as well especially as it is a bit 'different' being a 'minimalist look' for which there is room - so nice one :clap:

Cheers John.
After several years of insect photography I did start to feel they were all a bit samey. Time to try something a bit different.

Very nice, I would of preferred a bit more space top and right but that's just a personal thing.

Thanks Matt. Yeah, I agree about the right hand side needing more space. Not so sure about the top though.

Excellent photo Simon.

Is the lady bug oof? Lol you know all photos have to be pin sharp dont you. :runaway:

LMAO I've failed miserably. I must apologise and take myself off to a monastery. My life is beyond salvation. :D

Thanks Bryn.

Love the first one - they're not easy to catch

Lovely shot. Really beautiful composition and background.

I've had very similar thoughts, and aim to get at least a few bug shots with silky bokeh like that this summer.

Back