Thistle... Prickly fella!

H

Hoodi

So.
I decided to lie down in a patch of thistles for a half hour.
That'll be fun. I thought.
Pointy too! And who doesn't like pointy?

All shot at loverly juberly underexposed ISO 1600, and then brought back up to normal levels. So about ISO 6400 - because everybody likes grain... Right?
Course we do! That's why we all shoot Niko...oh.

thistlewt3.jpg

well, where do I start.....

1) It's not sharp

2) NOISY AS A NOSISY THING

3) badly exposed

lol. But all the more brilliant for it.

Seriously, i really like the concept and the execution. Just goes to show you don't need to be razor sharp and clean as a whistle to create an image with impact.

Jealous cos I'm having a bit of a mare with my creative juices at the mo ;)

woo! Was wondering if anyone was gonna pick up on this one here :D

It doesn't really show too well with each image so small, but there are sharp points to each shot - I was just at a very kooky angle with shallow DoF... Plus I don't sharpen my shots to buggery and back :eek:

Already got this one printed, and I'm happy with it - of the 4 people I've shown the print, two didn't like it outright, and two said they'd like it if it weren't for the grain.

Pfff, what do they know?

Cheers for the feedback though - I'm not too fussed if I end up being the only person who likes it, but it nice to know I'm not totally alone :)

i like this too, the set of 4 works very well together, though i would prefer in focus, though thats just me!

overall very good, clever layout and clever use of settings to create noise for effect. Nice

I stared at this for a while when you first put it up.

You can probably predict that i didn't get it :)

Doesn't look any better to me now either. Based on what you have said about other stuff i didn't get, it will probably be your best seller :)

I don't think I executed the focus as well as I could have - although as previously mentioned it is more obvious what's in // out of focus as a print :D

I'd be a bit scared if you liked one of my shots Robert - I think it would be a death knell for me! (Not meant to be a jibe, just my style and your opinion seem to... Collide - but that's cool! :D )

As I cunningly disguised in my previous post, digital :)

I do shoot film, but I still need to get a scanner...

Sorry Hoodi, I always enjoy your shots but this doesn't do anything for me. If I'm to be brutally honest the subject matter is uninspiring, particularly times four, I don't like the fact that it's OOF and the grain is too much. I you don't mind this critique but I know what you're capable of and this falls way short of the mark.

I must go back to bed as I obviously got out the wrong side this morning. :D

Its defenitly not to everyones Taste. I don't mind it I can see somthing in it with the shapes and contrast. But it is a bit to "arty farty" (Excuse the phrase) but I do kind of like it, I must admit its getting less and less every time I look at it though.

Sorry should have given a more honest critique in my first post.

Back