Three from Roseberry Topping today.

Very nice pics Peter. You have captured the dawn colours so well. Worth the early morning start. :clap:

A decent set. I like the hues and comp of one, tad dark up on the land but that's pre dawn for you.

Two exposure wise is a corker and the above the clouds shot is epic.

Last ones good suns getting a bit strong though. Wish the tree blocked it more, slightly different time of year will sort that

Last edited:
Love the colours, all three are crackers, i love morning shots but i'm far to lazy to crawl out of bed to catch these magic times. More of night owl really. I must try harder.

I am loving the first image.
I might be tempted to lose just a smidge more foreground but that said it's lovely as it is.

No1 is the classic Roseberry topping scene although I think the foreground is a bit nondescript. No3 is a stunner even the blown sun adds to the overall feel of a misty morning

Steve

its always good to see different photos of local my local area , you have some very nice photos there.

No1 is the classic Roseberry topping scene although I think the foreground is a bit nondescript. No3 is a stunner even the blown sun adds to the overall feel of a misty morning

Steve
Thanks.

Pedant's Corner: The sun isn't blown in #3, I was very careful with that :) (I have zebras turned on in Magic Lantern ;))

Last edited:
Love the colours, all three are crackers, i love morning shots but i'm far to lazy to crawl out of bed to catch these magic times. More of night owl really. I must try harder.
Alarm was set for 4.30 for these.

I love being out and about before everyone else.

Thanks.

Pedant's Corner: The sun isn't blown in #3, I was very careful with that :) (I have zebras turned on in Magic Lantern ;))
I stand corrected :)

Steve

From the carpark at the bottom, it's 45 minutes. You can do it in half an hour, but that means for me that I arrive at the top in a sweaty mess.

I prefer to budget another ten minutes and park in the free carpark on the Guisborough side of Newton-under-Roseberry, and walk through the village. The council car park is £2.20 for 2 hours, 24x7x365.

Back