Three sports - Three shots

Edit My Images
Yes
Nothing special this time, just thought to share few images from the last couple of days. And instead of boring you with dozen images of one game, I thought to give you three shots of three different sports..
(and you know you can always go and see more of the same games at my website if you REALLY want to :D )

Lets start with basketball, quite a poor arena to shoot at. They played at a place that reminded me of a old school gym. But here is an OK shot from the game.

COmpo10.jpg

Next, Floorball - a game that might not be that much played in the UK. But in Finland it is 'the game' at the moment as we just won the World Championships in December (I was lucky enough to be there to photograph it and capture the winning goal of the Final).
This image is one to keep.. the ball isn't that hard, but trust me, when it hits you in the wrong ;) place. It does hurt like hell... so that's where the ball ended up flying after it left the frame.

Trackers1.jpg

And how could I post a thread without Ice Hockey :wacky: , so here the mandatory shot of the game. Wasn't not happy shooting at this arena, as I like to shoot from the corners at the rink level. There are neon adverts all around the rink.. so they give a reflection that really ruins the shots. But, this one came out OK...

TapTPS2.jpg

So, there few shots from me once again... also noticing my 70-200 is getting a little tired at the moment. Doesn't focus quite as fast as it used to. Might be a time for it to visit the Canon people for a 'rest'.

Good action shots.

Is advertising a good trade to be in or label making (look at the floorball players, do they have their names on the back too?)

Good action shots.

Is advertising a good trade to be in or label making (look at the floorball players, do they have their names on the back too?)

Suppose Floorball still financially is a small player in the sports. So the teams tend to have tens of small sponsors. And then the back has only the name and number (+ an advert or two...:LOL: ) I think many FInnish sports seem to have shirts that are filled with dozens of tiny adverts...not very nice for photos, but the teams need to make money.

bck.jpg

Here's the back of the players jersey...

Last edited:
I like all 3

Shows just how much effort team player put into the game.

If any, I think #3 does it for me.

Thanks for sharing

Back