Through the Arches

Edit My Images
No
taken last night as part of a club night for Blaina Camera club, i just couldnt find an angle i was happy with here, until we were just about to leave and i spotted this view through the arches.

this is Llanthony Priory in South Wales, its very popular with tourists and crying out for a revisit for startrails when the nights get a bit longer.

llanthony priory by treasuredphotography, on Flickr

That's lovely, all that texture and then the beautiful grass peeping thru:love:

Great composition, really draws your eye through the arches :clap:

I'm not sure on the processing though as it seems contrast heavy which I'm not sure is in keeping with the old ruined stonework and the rearmost grass looks like AstroTurf

Again would be interested to see it in mono

Overall, I do like the image but I wonder if the grass is just a bit too bright.

Most of all, I love the composition.

Last edited:
Really like the composition, actually quite like the contrast of the bright grass and the dark stonework.

Yep you are right - it's been on my hitlist for some time for startrails and other night work:)

Well seen and taken - great composition. I like the shapes and textures.

Very nice shot great angle:)

Nice composition, I too would be up for some star trails here if a mini TP meet can be organised!

The grass breaks up the stone beautifully.

Lovely composition, with a nice bit of foreground interest then the interesting mix of angles and arches etc. Nice splash of green to show distance etc.

Works very well for me!! :)

Last edited:
Back