Throwback Thursday....

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

There is a new trend on social media called "Throwback thursday" where people post photos from the past for everyone to see. I decided I was going to post my Ant shot from last year and stumbled across this shot, why I never posted it is beyond me, But here it is. I like the composition on this and the angle of the Ant almost sailing into the picture. This is almost straight out of camera, slight saturation and sharpness.

Thanks
Matt

Feel free to add your own, try to keep to Thursdays :)

Land ahoy!!!!
by mattd85, on Flickr

Last edited:
Was this setup/studio or done in nature. If it was nature what a great capture and great find.

Awesome shot - it looks as if it's surfing on a prawn cracker. :woot:

Last edited:
Wow that's something else brilliant
well spotted and taken:)

Last edited:
I remember your original post. It is such a great image, and this frame is equally cool. It's even more impressive knowing it was a scene you happened across. One of those rare moments where everything comes together. I love the clean background, the reflection and the focus but I love the story it tells (or possible stories) more than anything.

Throwback Thursday - Froghopper Nymph
by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

This is one of my early macro shots (from June last year) I never got round to uploading. I believe this would have been taken with my 50mm prime on a set of extension tubes (or reversed). I can't remember my lighting setup (I guess the flash was on camera) and the end result was underexposed. As a result I've lost some detail, although I quite like the composition, and I believe this was my first sighting of a froghopper outside of it's armour of spit bubbles.

Superb shot!

So here I am in 1980 (age 16) at the school 5th form revue, that's me on the far right with the balloons up my T shirt, showing a bit of leg by lifting up my skirt...:p

View attachment 31105

Now lets jump forward by 33 years, here I am outside MK theatre, from boy to man!

View attachment 31106

;)

Last edited:
Your first shot Matt is stunning. Damage yours is lovely too.

I only started Macro late last summer so i don't have much of a catalogue to choose from.

I found this Zebra spider on a house plant i was airing out on the decking. These spiders have superb eyesight and as soon as i closed in to get a shot he would just high tail it to cover. I finally realised i should just predict his path and wait for him to appear in the gap.

Zebra spider trying to hide. by T0P cat, on Flickr

Awesome idea! Awesome shots so far.

This one is from two years ago tomorrow, and one of my very early springtail shots. It was one of 4 macro shots i had printed on Alumini for an exhibition at the end of that year.

They're all currently sitting on the wall up my stairs. I don't think there's a market for big bug pictures......

firewalk... {Explored 20th February 2013 #67} by markhortonphotography, on Flickr

Back