thunderbird mail

Name
Ray
Edit My Images
No
I currently use Mozilla Thunderbird for my emails, but something has changed on the main page, I cannot read my incoming mail, or open any of my folders. I cant get the page to show as it did. any ideas please.

What does the thunderbird window look like? Can you post a screengrab?

If it is displaying a single email look for your 'Inbox - Local Folders' tab just below the top menu.

I use the same program, if you post a screen grab we'll have a better idea of what's going on.

hope this helps, I cannot even delete or open emails.

Have you clicked on the inbox under your email address at the top, click in the left pane btw (sorry if teaching to suck eggs)

You just need to click on "read messages" in the main pane. The little disclosure triangle next to your inbox shows the inbox is closed - you can alternatively click on that or possibly just the inbox and the triangle will point downwards.

I can get then to show by opening them in another tab ,but that's all now, before I could just click on email and read them and delete them as I read them, I cant delete or read the next email now, it worked perfect a few days ago.im lost, I have tried everything I can think off. also if I left click on any of the file ,edit ,view ,go ,message, or tools ,a dropdown shows but nothing works.

Last edited:
I can't check this right now but I think there is a setting in tools/options for opening each message in a new tab which is what you describe as happening. You don't have to delete them, just close the tab and you should be back in your inbox.

I see you are using an ntlworld account so youare presumably now with VirginMedia. When I was with NTLWORLD their email was POP only but if you are using VirginMedia's IMAP you can just uninstall Thunderbird and reinstall, St up your account, and your mail will synchronise again, if Thunderbird has become corrupted. This won't help if you have lots of rules or personalised folders of course.
However I suspect Thunderbird is OK and you have just inadvertently changed some setting.

Try:-

Menu (3 bar icon at top RHS)
Options
Account Settings
Server Settings
Uncheck "Fetch headers only"

If it is unchecked then that is not the problem. :help:

many thanks for everyone's help, I have go it to a stage where I can now open them , and delete them albeit in another tab.

well I thought I had it sorted but its still not working. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, but all that happens is it installs the same state as it was.

Back