Tim

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
A study of my lovely cat, Tim, who has settled into our new house like he has lived there all his life!

I tried for a tiny bit of natural light behind, to just light the edges of his face and ears.

BWTim.jpg

Oooh very nice Janice, although I think if you had used a reflector to highlight the left side of his face more, its pretty much all black here, which spoils it for me.

Thanks Marcel.

I didnt actually want light on that side.... I was hoping for it to look like a kind of silhouette.

Maybe it doesnt work like this. I will try again with my tinfoil!! ;)

I like it too...something a little different.

Maybe sticking a chocolate biscuit next to him would make it more appealing to Marcel :LOL:

Bob

Thats really nice and atmospheric! I like it very much as it is!

How old is Tim?

Thanks John, he is 8 now. I rescued him from under a cricket pavilion where his mum had given birth to him and 5 others.
The week after I took him..... a fox ate the others :(

But he is determined to get nature back... he brought in and ate a baby rabbit 2 nights ago, then this morning I came down and found he had caught and killed a huge wood pigeon and brought it through the catflap.. dragged it round the house leaving feathers everywhere before deciding to go out the catflap again and eat it in the utility room. :puke:

And looking at him here.........butter wouldnt melt!! :LOL:

Thanks John, he is 8 now. I rescued him from under a cricket pavilion where his mum had given birth to him and 5 others.
The week after I took him..... a fox ate the others :(

But he is determined to get nature back... he brought in and ate a baby rabbit 2 nights ago, then this morning I came down and found he had caught and killed a huge wood pigeon and brought it through the catflap.. dragged it round the house leaving feathers everywhere before deciding to go out the catflap again and eat it in the utility room. :puke:

And looking at him here.........butter wouldnt melt!! :LOL:

Nature is cruel at times, poor kittens and bad fox!

I have three cats at home. Tigger is 5, Tootsie (a rescue kitten with a similar story to yours), is 5, and Tango is 3!!

Very cute, and we love them all to bits. Tootsie was found with her own litter of kittens, she was only 7 months old and very very poorly. Her and the litter were very badly tick infested, and had worms, and all sorts of problems. She was a very scared and aggresive cat, and for the first 2 years of owning her, she would hide and yearn to leave the house at any given oppertunity. Now she is a bloody belter of a sook, she will sit on your lap all day and purr so loudly. She is an angel and deserved a better start, shes doing fine now though.

Gary.

That's a really good take on a pet portrait. A bit different. I like it for it's originality (y) A great shot Janice :)

:agree: J ... (y) ... a stunning portrait with a difference I like a lot :clap:

Not that I can forgive the creature habits of cats per se just because you take a superb photo of one ... :cautious:

:p

Back