Time Attack @ Oulton Park 5/7/08

Matt Sayle

2017MSA Young Photographer of the Year(Motorsport)
Name
Matt Sayle
Edit My Images
Yes
It was the first time this has ever been to Oulton and it was really good! The cars were very fast!! There was a lot of Jap metal but there was the odd bit non-jap metal!! They are all samey samey as the outside of the track was closed and I had my better half with me! Anyway, the pictures:

1. 911 GT3 in the morning rain
100_8746.jpg

2. Integra in the rain
100_8760.jpg

3. 911 GT3 at Lodge
100_8848.jpg

4. TVR at lodge
100_8867.jpg

5. Rather loud Scooby doo at Lodge
100_8875.jpg

6. Fiat going through Lodge
100_8905.jpg

7. Mitsu entering lodge
100_8932.jpg

8. Scooby Doo at Lodge.
100_8987.jpg

9. New Skyline at Lodge. This is my 9000th shot with this camera!!
100_9000.jpg

10. Rather bright Evo
100_9060.jpg

C and C

Thanks
Matt

Well if the outside of the track was closed you did well Matt !

Some good ones there, camera must be getting well run in :) showing alot of improvement mate, well done !

Yeah they closed off the Yokohama bridge so you couldnt get over that area! Cheers (y) I am glad i am improving, the camera is rather well used ;)

I soooo want one of the new Skyline GTRs. Looks amazing. Was it as fast as we've all been led to believe?

Matt,

Great shots, probably the best set I have ever seen from you.

Looks like the weather helped a bit as your camera seems to struggle if the weather is overcast etc.

Keep em coming.

Regards

Tim

ps. All being well I'm shooting a Koenigsegg on Tuesday - can't wait.

Matt - all of these are clear & sharp, some have good wheel blur, & all significantly better than those posted recently which I & felt obliged to cricitise; well done. But what did you do differently ?

Matt,

Great shots, probably the best set I have ever seen from you.

Looks like the weather helped a bit as your camera seems to struggle if the weather is overcast etc.

Keep em coming.

Regards

Tim

ps. All being well I'm shooting a Koenigsegg on Tuesday - can't wait.

:eek: Wow, thank you very much :D My camera seems to struggle no matter what. You jammy git, I am really jealous but I look forward to the pictures!

Matt - all of these are clear & sharp, some have good wheel blur, & all significantly better than those posted recently which I & felt obliged to cricitise; well done. But what did you do differently ?

Aaah damn it. Thats what I meant to do, reply to your PM sorry :( Thanks very much, I am glad I am getting good comments. I really didnt do anything different :shrug:

I really like these Matt well done :D

Easily the best set I've seen from you, in fact these are miles better than anything you've posted before.

I think a slightly slower shutter speed will improve things another notch though, particuarly for the side-on panning shots which look a bit dull with only very slight blurring of the background.

i was about to ask the same question.. they look 10 x sharper (and better) than normal.. how come?

You have some very nice shots here Matt well done mate

Cheers (y)

Easily the best set I've seen from you, in fact these are miles better than anything you've posted before.

I think a slightly slower shutter speed will improve things another notch though, particuarly for the side-on panning shots which look a bit dull with only very slight blurring of the background.

Wow, thank you for the great comment! I seem to lose quality when I drop the shutter speed which is a pain. Plus they over-expose sometimes to! (y)

You have some really good ones in this set (y)

Cheers (y)

Great shots Matt. You really are improving!

Thanks, that means a lot :D (y)

Cracking action shots Matt - well done.........(y)

Cheers (y)

Hi Matt,

Surprised that you're not doing anything new, but pleased that you're back on track. Perhaps you'd email me as discussed **, & I'll send you some of mine to rip

Hi Matt,

Surprised that you're not doing anything new, but pleased that you're back on track. Perhaps you'd email me as discussed **, & I'll send you some of mine to rip

I am, there being sharpened after resizing!! I forgot about that! Post them up on the forum then you will get a much bigger range of C and C.

Well done Matt. Another good set.(y)

Matt, Nice bunch of shots :) did you get any shots of the White TDi North Skyline or any of the Honda civics?

Just heard from my mate (the Skyline driver) who said it was mega slippery with quite a few offs during the day :(

cracking set, cant help but think ive seen that gt3rs without the livery on a few times around the silverstone area??

Matt, Nice bunch of shots :) did you get any shots of the White TDi North Skyline or any of the Honda civics?

Just heard from my mate (the Skyline driver) who said it was mega slippery with quite a few offs during the day :(

Hmm not sure on the Skyline but a couple of the Civics. I will post some up later.

Back