Time triallists - Rhos CC

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Took these in poor light and they were going some.....thought it captured the speed quite well...........

Mike.jpg

IvorWildMedium-1.jpg

Last edited:
They work for me.Do you live in Rhos? After looking at your web site no, My late wife was born in Trefor.

Last edited:
the second one is very good Steve adding the sign gives the shot some context that I don't think it would otherwise have (y)

I like 1 the best.

there is no reason for the background to be be in motion

9 times out of ten I'd say that if the rider is the focus of the composition, then it is they who should be sharp, plus in the second shot not only is the rider sharp, but the speed camera sign though blurred is still identifiable as such. If the rider was blurred in that same position he would blend with the lightness of the trees behind.

Cheers for the last 2 comments - My intention was to keep the rider in no2 in focus, whilst having the speed sign in the background, visible, but not the main focus point of the shot..........but I bow to your superior knowledge Sportysnaps, and if I get the opportunity again will try it your way. Thanks (y)

Last edited:
my thinking was this: -
the first shot was a nice shot that the rider would like to buy - maybe the rider's club would buy even the local newspaper.

the second shot is different - the rider may not buy it as they are not clearly identified - it could be many people - so it becomes a strong stock or artistic shot and as of such the detail of the rider become less important than the symbolism - or the artistic qualities of the shot. The strong part of the shot becomes the speed camera sign (so it needs to be sharp) the rider needs to show motion blur to give the impression of speed - or excessive speed.

well that's my thought anyway (right or wrong)

my thinking was this: -
the first shot was a nice shot that the rider would like to buy - maybe the rider's club would buy even the local newspaper.

the second shot is different - the rider may not buy it as they are not clearly identified - it could be many people - so it becomes a strong stock or artistic shot and as of such the detail of the rider become less important than the symbolism - or the artistic qualities of the shot. The strong part of the shot becomes the speed camera sign (so it needs to be sharp) the rider needs to show motion blur to give the impression of speed - or excessive speed.
well that's my thought anyway (right or wrong)

Cheers SS, I can see the thinking behind that and will give it a try this summer - when summer finally arrives!.......thanks for your input...(y)

defo like that second one with the camera sign, gives the photo that something extra

Back