Time

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
I am finding photography both really enjoyable and fascinating, today I took a few pictures of the flowers in my garden and posted them on this forum for critique so that I may learn from my mistakes and other peoples experience. Having had a reply I thought I would try what had been suggested, only to find that the flower has opened a lot more in the few hours since I took the picture, so taking that image again is impossible. This for me, shows how fleeting the opportunity for a photograph is. So take the image when you can as the chance may never arise again. That is one of the lessons I have learned today. Just thought I would share my take on things lol.
Thanks Andy.

Conversely sometimes it’s worthwhile to just see the view and not shoot.

Distraction of the camera
I do agree sometimes it's best just to watch, I've missed lots of wildlife images as I prefer to see the moment then worry about catching something later, Hares boxing is one that I often just watch rather than try to nail images, somethings are best seen without a camera in the way....

I do swear though when they bolt across the field and I'm left with an empty memory card :p

Better still watch a while, shoot, then watch some more. :D

Grab a banker, see what's unfolding or likely to happen then shoot more if needed.

Back