Tired of Kingfishers yet?

Name
Ross
Edit My Images
Yes
I hope not! :D
After a few long days with not much happening I set up a couple of perches for the Kings on a gravel bank upstream from where I usually look for them on Monday and headed back today for another bash.
Thankfully not 1 but 2 of them were using the new perches and actually jumping from 1 to the other so hopefully they will continue to use them and I can have a crack at them in better light than today.

Kingfisher 2011-1 by Ross Forsyth - tigerfastimagery, on Flickr

Kingfisher 2011-2 by Ross Forsyth - tigerfastimagery, on Flickr

Kingfisher 2011-3 by Ross Forsyth - tigerfastimagery, on Flickr

Kingfisher 2011-4 by Ross Forsyth - tigerfastimagery, on Flickr

Ross

NEVER tire of a great Kingfisher shot, I have yet to see one let alone photograph one but I guess that's the 'joy' of living in the city - note to self - must get out more

Love the poses in #3 & 4

.DAVID.

Last two shot for me mate, as said they look like good perches if the weather is better, looks like i might have to borrow those sometime :LOL:

Cracking shots mate :clap:
I'm very jealous :crying:

I for one NEVER get tired of seeing the beauties

Nice set Ross. Are the adults about?

Try to dial in some -ev if possible to help with the blown whites.

Nice set of Kingfisher shots, its been my favourite bird since a was a small child, and only saw my first real life one about 12 months ago. Just been given some great news though, my local trout farm are about to release 45,000 brown trout fry into the special ponds at the back of the farm and the owner said that the Kingfishers will be here for the next few weeks gorging themselves and I am allowed to go and set my hide up for as long as I want. Typical eh? Just sold all my DSLR gear in Canon 100-400, just wasnt using it enough, but hope the M4/3 kit will some use, got the 100-300 panny so will post some shots if I get any.
If they are anything like these I will be really chuffed.

3 & 4 for me also. Wonder what No.2 would look like with the branch cloned out after the break so it ended with the head.

Back