Titanic

Its 18.30hrs here in the South of France, I could sink one of those :D:wave:

Lovely lighting, well maybe third stop brighter on the bottle.

The devil's in the detail, though, and the horizon is a smidge off, and the label needs a slight CWR. Minor point but they jumped out to me.

Also I have no beer in the house

:(

Thanks Andy.

I am a bugger for missing little details. It does me good to be reminded.

Lovely lighting, well maybe third stop brighter on the bottle.

The devil's in the detail, though, and the horizon is a smidge off, and the label needs a slight CWR. Minor point but they jumped out to me.

Also I have no beer in the house

:(

Also the black line down the LHS this is due to a gap between background and lighting from the side. See Alex Koloskov on youtube. He has done a review of a very similar shot.

Saying that the detail and reflection is great. You are really getting this lighting stuff.

Think I'll do a take 2.

You mean you haven't drunk it yet??

What Andy said above for me too. Also I'd say either go dead central, or go much more to one side. At the moment it has the look of aiming for central but not quite managing to get it dead on.

Both sides are nice and vertical as well which is another thing I'd look for.

Is there a label at the back? If so I would say remove it.

Did you manage to find the vid I was referring to?

Think you are on right track and it does make me want a beer so guess it has done it's job. :)

Loving the subject and the lighting, but is it just me, or do the bottle appear to lean to the left a little?
Could be an illusion, but it makes me want to tilt my head.

Thanks Ruth.

You're right about the first one, but I checked the second one against the grid in LR, so I know that's ok.

Thanks Ruth.

You're right about the first one, but I checked the second one against the grid in LR, so I know that's ok.

I see the tilt if you look at distance from left shoulder to neck it doesn't match the RHS... the bottle hasn't been moulded exactly the table is completely level again this is something in the below vid.

Fascinating video Bryn. Thanks for that.

I have a problem though. When he talks about the glass falling - I can't see it. I believe him, but there must be something wrong with my visual perception.

I'll have another look and maybe have an "aha" moment.

he is right, that one needs a tiny touch ACW, his red line down the centre is far from vertical too.

2M6wlr9.jpg

I'm starting to feel thick now.

I can see his red line is off, but I can't see a problem with the glass.

Aargh!:banghead:

Back