To Join in the Le Mans Theme

Name
Kelvin Pope
Edit My Images
Yes
First time post, here's a selection from my batch of Le Mans 2008 pics (all straight from the camera, just cropped);

Test Day;

DSC_6650.jpg

DSC_6624.jpg

Race Day/s;

DSC_7154.jpg

DSC_7148.jpg

DSC_7113.jpg

DSC_7039.jpg

DSC_7185.jpg

DSC_7177.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shots :)

As has been said they could benefit from a little processing, what camera were they taken with?

I think the blue Porsche 911 is my fave, the shots seems to give a good sense of speed.

Nice shots :)

As has been said they could benefit from a little processing, what camera were they taken with?

I think the blue Porsche 911 is my fave, the shots seems to give a good sense of speed.

Cheers.

They were taken with a D70s and either a Sigma 70-300mm 4.5-6 DG APO Marco or a Sigma 28-200mm F3.5-5.6 DG. I was tending to play around a bit as it's only the second time I'd seriously used the camera.

Shot JPEG? Just wondering as I find the JPEG's from my 300D are quite bright, with good colours/contrast (not that I use them, I shoot RAW), although I guess there may be different settings on your camera.

Maybe you could save some pp'ing by looking at your camera settings?

yeah, shot JPEG fine. Normally shoot RAW but I was expecting to take more than I did and I left one of my memory cards on the table at home......

The drabness is totally user error/inexperience due, I'm pretty sure, to me pre-focusing on the area of track I wanted to take the shot.

Another pic from the same session and place proves this (to me);

DSC_7173.jpg

There's a variety of differences in the whole album;

http://photobucket.com/redfirecracker-lemans2008

Still, it's good experience and gives me a kick up the backside to start using PS properly!

Last edited:
Been having a play in PS today after reading some of the excellent advice on this board and these are (some) of the results.

I was a little dubious at first but I think that was due to the particular image I was playing with. Some of them I can see a dramatic change (for the better?), others seem quite a bit more subtle in their differences to the original images.

Anyway, enough waffle, better than the originals or still poor?

DSC_7154p.jpg

DSC_7148p.jpg

DSC_7113p.jpg

DSC_7039p.jpg

DSC_7185p.jpg

DSC_7177p.jpg

Back