Todmorden Cyclo-Cross

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
A few from yesterday's cross race at Todmorden.

Gloomy in the trees, so had to resort to on camera flash, which is a first for me. I was looking forward to using my new off camera flash set up, but it didn't arrive in time.

Comments welcome.

Really like the first one, just give a really goo impression of speed
only other comment is no4, is that a tight crop, as you can see the rider behind's front wheel, would it work with showing the other rider chasing?

But like them alot.

number one for me as well... also interesting angle on the fifth shot.
EIther that was a very short cyclist or you were up on a ladder or had climbed up a tree?

only other comment is no4, is that a tight crop, as you can see the rider behind's front wheel, would it work with showing the other rider chasing?

It is cropped a bit, but from the left. I suppose I could have got rid of the bit of bike behind though.

also interesting angle on the fifth shot.
EIther that was a very short cyclist or you were up on a ladder or had climbed up a tree?

There was a fence at the top of the steps that I was precariously balanced upon. Funnily enough I'd spotted a tree that overhung the course elsewhere which I was going to scale, but I figured that the riders would all look up thereby spoiling the overhead shot idea.

no1 is very good (y)
Like no6 as well, but would prefer to see his feet in the frame.

noticed that its still daylight when you took the 1st photo yesterday at 19.27 ;)

noticed that its still daylight when you took the 1st photo yesterday at 19.27

exif says shot at 13:15.

Jpeg created at 19.27. ;)

#1 and #5 are super - dont know if it's because they are mono, but they seem to convey effort and hard work more than the other shots. The angle of #5 is great as well - it's so much better to get a different angle than people would usually see if they were just standing watching.

#1 and #5 are super - dont know if it's because they are mono, but they seem to convey effort and hard work more than the other shots. The angle of #5 is great as well - it's so much better to get a different angle than people would usually see if they were just standing watching.

Thanks. You're right, I was fortunate to be able to find a few unusual viewpoints at this venue.

Back