togsPrint - Monthly Photo Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done Matt (y)

On a side issue, I still haven't received my print from last month. I know you've been very busy and recently ill (hope you are feeling better), and honestly I am in no rush, just hoping it hasn't been lost in the post.:)

Wendy

Hey guys

Thanks for the support. I've come in today to help the missus out but still feeling rough :(

Anyway, Bill's been in touch and here are the results!

1st place - Matt Thomas with his Tesco Trolley shot!

jul-1.jpg

2nd place - Lee Wallis with his picture from Goose Fair, Nottingham

jul-2.jpg

3rd place - Colin Greenlees with this super equine picture!

jul-3.jpg

Congratulations to all!!

Next months theme has started - and it's "ATTITUDE!"

Well damn, was not expecting to come anywhere with the entries in there this month, they were all so good!

Thank you :)

Congrats all :clap:

The winner is brilliant, congrats..............:clap:

When I last spoke to him Cherryrig, he was tied up from Sunday to Wednesday. I'm sure he will get back to you when he gets back to the office on Thursday, if not before!

Mods can you delete please-my reply went to a thread I wasn't expecting it to

I've never had the courage to enter any competitions and I'm going to have a go(I don't mind who's judging). Thanks for the opportunity Lee.(y)

Now I realise I may have sent the wrong entry...oops.Must try and get the brain working...

seems like a blatant publicity stunt to me:shrug::shrug::shrug:

So? Aren't all the Jessops, Sony, Canon, Nikon, National Geographic, Sydney Opera House, Cats, Landscape photographer of the year..... etc all publicity stunts?

Lee has also been generous in offering prints and vouchers to the winners of my own POTY competition, and also kind enough to help judge several of the themes too. Thing is, without publicity stunts, maybe there would be no competitions to enter??

Well, I have entered this months competition, but so far there seems to be no sign of the other pictures entered - any chance of doing the same thing as last month Lee so we can see the other entries.. ?

I think Lee might have a lot on at the moment? I'm still waiting for my print, I've emailed him, but had no reply. I've noticed he hasn't posted on here for a while either?

Hope eveythi ng is ok Lee:)

I think Lee might have a lot on at the moment? I'm still waiting for my print, I've emailed him, but had no reply. I've noticed he hasn't posted on here for a while either?

Hope eveythi ng is ok Lee:)

Well I sent him a message about it and he sent this to me on the 25th Aug -

Hey Matt

Yeah its been printed and framed but not shipped yet. It'll be sent via courier tomorrow!

Lee

:shrug:

I think he is a very busy guy and seems to have no end of problems with couriers. The last comp I wont the snowdrop one took a couple of months to arrive in the end, and a canvas I had done recently took a couple of weeks. I don't think it's Lee's fault but I suggest he looks at either more staff and a new courier otherwise he will start to get a bad reputation and we don't want that. He managed to sort some A4 prints for me is super fast time the other day so I'm not sure whats happening.

not heard from Lee for a while and getting no email response. i really hope everything is ok ?

if anyone gets any info can they post on here please

Hello guys

Wow - lots of posts since I was last on!

I am alive and kicking - I have been recovering from illness recently and we have finally moved into a stable office (the last workshop we had was sold from under us) so things had been difficult whilst trying to juggle everything from home :)

Anyway - we got moved in last week. Couriers have been a problem too ... on Thursday night I had to drive down with a clients final univesity prints as ParcelForce had messed up and she was panicing. A reprint and a 3 hour drive got her sorted though.

Email appears to be working fine Julien - want to try a PM on here as had nothing from you for ages.

I've been sorting through outstanding competition items yesterday.

Wendy (your pano print has been shipped) and Matt - yours will be leaving tomorrow (today is my 'day off').

Sadly - staff isn't the problem - getting a reliable service for deliveries is! All items are usually done the very same day - but the more I am sending out either via standard post / recorded deliver / courier the more that is starting to slowly float away (with my profits usually!). The joys eh!!

I do thank you all for the support guys - it's very much appreciated.

I don't check the site daily anymore with things getting busier - but if an email comes in noting me of a PM I always logon to respond.

Results for the (very poorly entered) competition will be available later today and the new theme will be announced on the results :)

Thanks all

Lee

Good to see you back Lee, hope things calm down for you soon. :)

I need a canvas doing of my brothers £15.000 prize winning landscape. :D

I'll have a look on your site for canvas options and then pm you with any questions. (y)

Good to hear things are nearly back to normal. lets hope you just keep getting busier :)

I'm still waiting for my photo :(

It's been over a month now and even 5days since you said you had sent it

I'm not getting mad or anything I was just wondering why it was taking sooo long for a photo

Cheers

I got mine today...:cautious:actually yesterday now...thankyou, may have taken a good few months to get here, but worth the wait(y)

I know you're busy at the moment, hope things get back on track soon:)

Wendy

I guess will be coming in the next couple of days then seeing as he said yours was already sent and mine was only just being sent the next day.

I know this Comp stuff is a good idea but it is his company he has on the online though. If you guys were paying customers, would you wait this long for some of the stuff??

I know its frustrating but i dont think this reflects at all on how Lee does his business. Ive used him many many times now and his service really is excellent. im sure you will get your photos and be extremely happy with them. Well sorth the wait i bet :)

I'm with Julien, I know that Lee is absolutely rushed off his feet and is working 7 days a week, the stuff he produces is fantastic and worth any wait, especially when its a prize guys! I am the annoying girl he had to drive 3 hrs in the middle of the night to drop off a second set of prints to and from that and every previous dealing with him I can say that his customer service is absolutely top notch! bare in mind guys that he is a one man band, good things come to those who wait!
Plus he's one of us! just sit tight and let him do his thing, when it gets to you you'll agree you would wait any time for it!

I know the prints are nice as I've had two from him before. First one was super quick, no wait and then I had trouble with the other one as it came bend and stuff but then got fixed. Now I'm waiting for this one and it's just taking soo long.

I know he's one of us and stuff and Lee is doing a good thing but sometimes compaines get a bad name if they don't keep up with orders and shipping (Warehouse Express!!)

I'm not trying to sound bad towards all this but it's a bit sad when you get all happy cos you've won and it takes ages to see the actually thing :(

I was in the same position CherryRig, had to chase my snowdrop print for ages. I know these are only competition prints, but they should be treated just as quickly. If Lee is very busy, maybe he should take on temporary staff to help out. BUt he has replied here to sya it wasn't a staffing issue. I know couriers can be a pain, but if I was running the business I would be looking at other couriers if I thought my reputation was going to suffer.

I know Lee has also had problems with illness etc, but perhaps that is all the more reason to get more staff to cover.

The prints when they do arrive are second to none, the only gripe that seems to be arrising is the turnaround of getting them. I would certainly not be happy waiting two months for paid items. My canvas took a little while to come 3-4 weeks, but that was due to courier problems once again.

..and sadly, I am going to have to add to this..
I don't like putting people down, and would rather keep it off forum (ie via PM) but I too am waiting for prints - seems like my first parcel got lost in the post, and now my second one has spent way too long in coming, so has missed its lift out to Spain where it is being waited for..
Lee has told me how many problems he has had with the postal services - I for one would happily pay extra for first class recorded delivery or whatever.
How about it Lee - a choice of delivery options ?

As mentioned it seems to be all down to couriers, which to me seems a little odd that a lot of us have had the same problem. No one would mind paying a reasonable price for a guaranteed service.

Problem is - any item over 610mm long you cannot send recorded delivery. Which means standard parcel (not trackable).

Would you spend say £12.00 in a parcelforce service on a £15 print .....

I've been discussing this and going to address it on Tuesday as it's quite frankly, doing my head in!

I am seeing the comments guys and received PM's about it :)

Just need to get this busy weekend out the way and will put something into action.

Steve - yours were sent Standard Parcel the second time round in a a larger tube to include the extra print that you wanted (night time).

I have all postage slips but as pointed out, theyre not a trackable item... :bang:

As mentioned it seems to be all down to couriers, which to me seems a little odd that a lot of us have had the same problem. No one would mind paying a reasonable price for a guaranteed service.

Agreed.

I'll put some prices down (on my other thread) on Tuesday after I've discussed some prices with (recommended) TNT.

Up to 24" tubes I can send recorded (£3.50) but over that it'll have to be a courier service.

If I could get a 3 day service (as opposed to 24 and 48hr) to keep price done - how would that sound?

If Lee is very busy, maybe he should take on temporary staff to help out. BUt he has replied here to sya it wasn't a staffing issue. I know couriers can be a pain, but if I was running the business I would be looking at other couriers if I thought my reputation was going to suffer.

But I have to pass the price increases onto you ... and I don't want to do that. I'll put the options up and let you guys choose :)

I do spend about 1/4 of my day replying to PM's / people chasing orders up ... it all takes up time! Once I send an advised shipping mail out, then they have gone. But I do have to spend hours each day or so responding to them. Some fair enough need action, but the majority can be seen online with all of the info.

I have got something sorted for that (quotes) and I have taken on a sales manager to help relieve the amount of time I'm distracted. I'm taking on another person shortly to work on the customer services side whilst I concentrate on the business/printing side of things. It's taken a while to get to this stage in our business, and we're just growing. Naturally it does get too much for one person - and we've addressed that now.

Lee - good to hear from you, and that you are doing what you can - it has to be worthwhile for you to offer options, and I think we all know it is rather out of your hands - I would pay £12 postage if I needed urgent delivery, so offer us all the options, and then it is more down to us to choose.
Good luck with the new staff, and please do all you can to keep up the quality you are getting known for, even if it means prices go up. My experiences with photobox have taught me that cheap is cheap for a reason - quality is worth paying for !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back