Tonights offerings :)

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Well this section is certainly creating a buzz lately, no pun intended btw haha. Tonight I have a small bee and a specklewood to show you.

Not sure on the species of bee so any help would be great. The specklewood landed on one of the plant pots outside, and I hardly noticed it to begin with against the fence panels, it was quite small. It was very helpful and hardly moved, in fact it was still there about an hour ago so I'm guessing it is their for the night which may make a great shot in the morning if any dew develops :) wishful thinking I know haha,

anyway hope you like.

Matt

Bee by mattd85, on Flickr

Speckled Wood 1 by mattd85, on Flickr

Speckled Wood 3 by mattd85, on Flickr

Speckled Wood 4 by mattd85, on Flickr

Matt amazing as ever. #2 eould be tempted to make it a 4x3 as too much soace left hand side.

#4 as portrait could have got away with central positioning but its great none the less.

Love the third one of the speckled wood
The bee portrait is superb tho excellent details
Ps dont forget to find the butterfly this morning will look brilliant covered in dew:)

Last edited:
Love the third one of the speckled wood
The bee portrait is superb tho excellent details
Ps dont forget to find the butterfly this morning will look brilliant covered in dew:)

Wish I had, got up early to get a landscape for poty2014 but got to location only to find camera didnt have an card in it wish id not bothered. Should have gone up to forest as at back of my house. Gonna go up take a look when my wife goes out.

Sorry Matt about hijack not had the most successful morning ever. Hopefully find some butterflies may help.

Last edited:
Nice set Matt, you have an interesting back garden my friend

Les ;)

Morning all, thanks for.comments, only one spot of dew on butterfly this morning and it was still on the same plant but further down.

The bee shot is in Flickr Explore this morning, my 26th pic to be featured :)

Congrats on the explore. Wow 26 been selected. Sounds like your on their favourites list ;)

Thanks, make that 27 actually as flickr scout has just shown that my Ant shot from last week was also explored lol.

Wow, that first shot is amazing.

I have been putting my small garden together to attract insects for this year to try and get some shots like this, I dont suppose you can let me know your setup?

Love that bee portrait, it's gorgeous. Really like the butterfly shots too, particularly the last.

Congrats on Explore! I'm not surprised though. It really is good.

Thanks all, @Tintin124 Google "flickr scout" type in your username and hey presto :)

@Longimanus set up was sony a33, sigma 105mm, one sony Hvl flash and small softbox, manual focus, hand held :)

Thanks again all, it's currently at position no 9 in explore, would love to get another No1!

Thanks Matt, I have a similiar camera/lens setup, now for a flash setup, your images have inspired me to get out in the garden!

Thanks again all, image is now 3rd in explore :)
Off to fave it. Lets see if we can get it all the way ;)

Edit: OK it's number 2 now! Andre's (another of my flickr contacts) at number one though with a beauty as well. Seems like the whole world's gone macro mad at the moment!

Last edited:
Great stuff from you Matt & at this rate - with your recognition - you'll be making this a 'Pay to View' section :LOL:

17000 + views! Just gave you a like and comment to help you on your way :) I've had 26 in explore but nothing for about a year I reckon, Flickr doesn't love me any more :( ....I'm sure Ill get over it.

Off to fave it. Lets see if we can get it all the way ;)

Edit: OK it's number 2 now! Andre's (another of my flickr contacts) at number one though with a beauty as well. Seems like the whole world's gone macro mad at the moment!

Oh nooooo off to become a birder now! Need to be unique.... :ROFLMAO:

17000 + views! Just gave you a like and comment to help you on your way :) I've had 26 in explore but nothing for about a year I reckon, Flickr doesn't love me any more :( ....I'm sure Ill get over it.

Same here, last one was in February 2013. Not a sausage since. I'm going to pretend it's because I've been black-listed rather than just a bit rubbish :rolleyes:

These are wonderful shots Matt, is the first a mason bee?

@Logical Fallacy thanks mate, I've not a clue on the species, I do have a shot of another that landed on the shed, full body shot, I will upload it to the ID thread later tonight and tag you :)

Back