Topaz labs.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Topaz labs have a black Friday sale

✨ Includes all Image Quality apps for Black Friday! Save $299.97 on Topaz Photo AI, DeNoise AI, Sharpen AI, and Gigapixel AI.

I used DeNoise for a trial period awhile ago and found it quite good with low light photography. Anyone think the above is a good deal and do you use/find the products to be useful.

I've tried them, and at first glance the seem quite good, but looking closely, I am not so impressed.
I prefer ordinary software, do the best you can before the process shows in the images.

It is like you often see over sharpened images, and too much contrast added, looks OK from afar, but poor on close inspection.

IMHO - Like all software tools they have their uses if used carefully to avoid over processing. I have found De-Noise has recovered many grainy pictures and Sharpen used with minimal settings has been helpful. Not found a use for Giga-Pixel but then I do not print over A4. Tried Photo AI and was disappointed with over processing for my preference.

I purchased on a 'deal' also, not sure I will renew all when my 12 months comes to an end, at the moment I will probably just keep De-Noise ! as a plug-in to LR 10

Minimal carefully selected settings are key. Denoise and sharpen are both very useful, and denoise is the more useful of the two.
Gigapixel is fine when printing and you need just a bit extra resolution, and also great with small butmap graphics files
Photo AI - don't bother for the time being
Video AI - only touched a trial and it did amazing work upscaling old 720p video to full hd. It's bloody slow 2min takes 1.5h on a new laptop
You will want a fairly recent dedicated graphics card to run these and particularly the video one

Last edited:
Just my 2 pence worth.
Denoise AI is IMO an excellent program, stay away from the new Photo AI it seems and again IMO to be software released before it was ready, just go to there forum https://community.topazlabs.com/t/topaz-photo-ai-v1-0-9/36623/94 and read about it.
The other bug for me is I thought Black Friday was 25th November? seems companies will try anything to push people into spending there money, I thought when the Black Friday and Cyber Mondays where introduced they where for certain dates not as an open invitation to companies to exploit. Russ.

Just my 2 pence worth.
Denoise AI is IMO an excellent program, stay away from the new Photo AI it seems and again IMO to be software released before it was ready, just go to there forum https://community.topazlabs.com/t/topaz-photo-ai-v1-0-9/36623/94 and read about it.
The other bug for me is I thought Black Friday was 25th November? seems companies will try anything to push people into spending there money, I thought when the Black Friday and Cyber Mondays where introduced they where for certain dates not as an open invitation to companies to exploit. Russ.
Agreed, but marketing is not illegal. They properly tricked me into upgrading just to try out what an epic fail photo AI still is. I only hope it gets sorted out before the 1 year runs out, as you may as well have a year break

Back