Torridon - Wester Ross, Scotland - NEW Larger JPEG added

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Really like 1,3 an 5 Chris - the colours in 1&5 are lovely although I like the simplicity of a good mucky weather shot like the third one. I like the cottage one although think it might have been better if it wasn't so central in the frame?

Great work (y)

Whole set is nice, i like especially 1 for colors, and 3 for mood you have managed to capture.
only one thing i can point out is light edges around hills (which are sharpening related ;) )

Last edited:
A great set showing the different moods of that part of the world very well, remind me of happy times walking up there. 1,2, & 3 are my faves but like them all (y)

Some nicely done images there. Number 3 really catches my eye.

A lovely set of photos, I particularly like #3, where was it taken ?

All the odd numbers for me! No1, 3 and 5. Love the light in these shots
Beautiful colour and reflection in No1. No3 sunning to half almost looks B&W great clouds and textures, No5 i really like that light!
Cracking work(y)

Really like 1,3 an 5 Chris - the colours in 1&5 are lovely although I like the simplicity of a good mucky weather shot like the third one. I like the cottage one although think it might have been better if it wasn't so central in the frame?

Great work (y)

It's central to hide the light of the small village on the other side of the water. I have loads from other angles but felt this one was my favourite. I have another from the next night with some Aurora I haven't got round to yet.

Whole set is nice, i like especially 1 for colors, and 3 for mood you have managed to capture.
only one thing i can point out is light edges around hills (which are sharpening related ;) )

Flickr and this place seems to hate me, I've had issues before but the full size images seem fine :)

A lovely set of photos, I particularly like #3, where was it taken ?

Balgy, just outside of Torridon :)

Thank you all for the kind words and likes, I really enjoyed my time up there and can't wait to get back

The first one is a real cracker and your version of the red roofed cottage is so much better than any other one that I've seen, so kudos for getting out and doing it. The others are pretty good as well, mind!

No2, excellent :)

Mind, they are all super

Like these Chris, No.3 is my pick and really sums up a lot of the area. Bleak and wonderful vistas which I think require a bit of time to find. Torridon really is a fantastic place to drive and enjoy the scenery.

"Cracking" set of images Chris, I'd have been really pleased to have shot any of them but even more pleased had it been #1 or #3.(y)

George.

Lovely set. Numbers 2 and 3 the pick for me. I really miss the Highlands and these don't help :)

You are producing very good images, Chris…
and my pick is #3 but the halo in each of them
is an issue you should work on!

You are producing very good images, Chris…
and my pick is #3 but the halo in each of them
is an issue you should work on!

:agree: Have you overdone the Unsharp Mask ? I'm a 'big sky' fan and really like all of these images, especially No. 2, but the halos ...

these are the same small png

This file format is only making sense if you are
using clippings or transparencies in a file.

Last edited:
I saw an improvement in quality.

PNG will not offer levels of compression but
JPG will… just select a lesser compression
for higher quality.

This entire set is breathtakingly good- terrific work. You have captured really wonderfully lit and magnificent landscapes, and the processing is impressively 'right'.

Stunning set of images Chris.

Nice shots, I think the first is my favourite actually.

Regarding the sharpening jagged edge I think a lot of it will be flickr and then displaying on here in an even smaller size. However, if you are sharpening quite heavily in PP a little tip is to select the sky, invert it, then contract the selection beneath the horizon by a few pixels then apply sharpening selectively.

Back