(TOTAL) currys 10% off voucher makes the Nikon D800 £1,837 !!

So, everybody happy now?

Got my d7000 today. Will try in day light tomorrow. Bunked off work to tie in with the 1 hour timeslot they gave, which they were well within. Smiles

Yes,
I expected an outer box filled with polystyrene chips. Instead, just a polystyrene bag for a £2k camera.

i never get this logic- the outer box is the protection- you don't need to protect the outer box!
unless you're thinking that you want to hold on to the mint condition box for a later sale

also a 2k camera should be able to take the abuse, the couriers could play football with the camera and it would still work- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCT-YMgjm9k&list=UUuw8B6Uv0cMWtV5vbNpeH_A&index=51&feature=plcp

I tell you when you live in a city centre flat where space is limited and ££, you quickly get over keeping boxes around :D:D

I am aware that the boxes are designed for shipping the camera, and have been tested for that purpose. Also that it is a professional camera and more rugged than most.
For piece of mind it would have been nice for it to have been packed into another box, plus I do intend to keep the box, should I sell the camera in the future.

Last edited:
OK, so did everyone get the camera they wanted and if so, is your serial number greater than 606xxx and are there any left AF issues please
Dave

nikonuser said:
OK, so did everyone get the camera they wanted and if so, is your serial number greater than 606xxx and are there any left AF issues please
Dave

Yes, yes and so far so good!

Good news Shaheed....thanks

nikonuser said:
Good news Shaheed....thanks

No problems. Just need to find time to give it a workout, although have had an impromptu invite to an Indian wedding at the weekend so might get a decent go at the weekend!

Still on the fence, mate, happy with the D700 so may give it some more thought in a few months time

Back