Tough Guy 2011

odd jim

Flimsiest Lambresta
Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
As suspected, the over the top conditions sent out by the organisers was a complete ruse! Plenty of people shooting away yesterday!

Heres a few of mine;

1 - nice day for a run!
Ice.jpg

2 - its ok though, they were kind enough to set some fires to keep us warm...
Settingthefire.jpg

3 - coming through!
firejumper.jpg

4 - hello!! :love:
chickwithcamera.jpg

5 - I lent out my wardrobe
firegimp.jpg

6 - gotta go!
gimpsjumping.jpg

Last edited:
7 - my friend Charlie
Charlerunning.jpg

8 - pain
thepain.jpg

9 - over the log
overthelog.jpg

10 - going for it
jumpingthroughthefire.jpg

11 - shivering Barbie
barbie.jpg

12 - I never looked this good in it, wearing it well bro!
gimpinthewater.jpg

Last edited:
3 I would crop it, just to have 2 runners and a great background.
5 hahaha its brilliant but again i would crop it.;)
10 What a pity...you should push this photoggrapher into the fire for taking best spot. :):)

Last edited:
3 I would crop it, just to have 2 runners and a great background.
5 hahaha its brilliant but again i would crop it.;)
10 What a pity...you should push this photoggrapher into the fire for taking best spot. :):)

Cheers! I thought about cropping them but to do so (it what would be required) would take them out of context somewhat...

Only one comment? I'm surprised at that given the discussions on Tough Guy before the event! Maybe mods could move this to General Photo Sharing?

Looks like a few people had a nice stroll in the park, you have some really great photos, have to agree on the cropping point, but again when you look at the context aspect, yes cropping would maybe take away from the original image.

It looks to be a frustrating day in parts as there are a lot of people getting in the way, but that is an aspect that I am becoming increasingly aware of taking photos at local rugby games.

Kudos has to go out to you for staying out there taking photos in that cold, on Saturday I only covered the first half of the rugby match I was at because it was so cold and the bar seemed a more appealing choice of location ;)

I find it amusing that nearly all the cameras featured in your photos are Canon ;)

Matt
MWHCVT

and they do this for fun.........................????

great shots though'

Lol cheers guys! A fluke all the cameras are canons I assure you!

Ok I tried a couple of crops (not massively cropped) as discussed, I think they work?

firegimpcrop.jpg

firejumpercrop.jpg

Crazy as always! There are some good shots in there, but as other have said I'd be tempted to crop most in a bit (or a lot) tighter. It's all pretty dramatic stuff, so you can get away with aggressive angles and crops in my opinion.

Lol cheers guys! A fluke all the cameras are canons I assure you!

yep, 50/50ish probably.

Good photos, well done :D

number 1, the bondage dudes, you could probably crop the right hand side guy out altogether, bit distracting seeing half of him

Great pics Dune, looks like you got about a bit more than me!

Wow great shots, i heard of this a while ago, where about is the event held..?

Its held on a farm just on the outskirts of pattingham/perton in the west midlands, i took part in this event about 10 years ago, nearly killed me :LOL:, its tough but alot of fun (y), as for the pics there great, brings back memories.......

Andy

Great pics Dune, looks like you got about a bit more than me!

I was lucky I got my greasy little mits on a press pass. I wasnt missing out on that oportunity :naughty:

What is with the ridiculous outfits :LOL:?!!

I love number 5 (cropped version), 7 and 12 and the joker and indian shots :).

Last edited:
No that's straight out of the box

Its held on a farm just on the outskirts of pattingham/perton in the west midlands, i took part in this event about 10 years ago, nearly killed me :LOL:, its tough but alot of fun (y), as for the pics there great, brings back memories.......

Andy

dont know why but i had the impression it was held out of the country for some reason! whats with the gimps lol..

dont know why but i had the impression it was held out of the country for some reason! whats with the gimps lol..

nope, british eccentricity at its finest, second possibly to only the cheese rolling :D

Back