Tour De France (stage two) - York

Edit My Images
No
Heres one from today, brilliant turn out and a great atmosphere ! - also my first attempt at photography Le Tour !

Nice shot, I'd be happy with that.i was at the knavesmire but didn't get close enough to the riders to get anything like this. As you say brilliant turnout and atmosphere.

I wish mine were as good. But in my defence the riders were coming round the bend of a descent at about 40 miles an hour.

Thank you all and I hope you enjoy the London stage. It's really not easy to shoot and is all over in 20 seconds. I did use a bit of fill-in flash to help freeze the action and put a bit of life back into the flat listless overcast scene. I also used AF continuous and burst shutter mode to maximise the opportunity.

Thank you all and I hope you enjoy the London stage. It's really not easy to shoot and is all over in 20 seconds. I did use a bit of fill-in flash to help freeze the action and put a bit of life back into the flat listless overcast scene. I also used AF continuous and burst shutter mode to maximise the opportunity.
i considered flash but didn't want to risk distracting the riders. 3d tracking focus and continuous shooting. i had a problem keeping the shutter speed as fast as i would have liked due to the changing weather conditions. i wanted a small aperture to keep all the riders in focus but it meant pushing the iso to 1600. i guess thats the trade off when trying to shoot things like this. out of interest anyone is there anything i could have done differently?

Nice. I am going tomorrow for the London stage and did a recon to chose a reasonable location. Should be fun and a lot of waiting about.
expect ALOT OF WAITING!!!!!! i waited 5 hours for about 3 minutes of cycling. the caravan is amazing though. it certainly builds up the atmosphere

Nick,
very nice.
Peter, I like the shot of the little girl wearing the polka dot hat. Always good to get a few incidental pic's.

Stew.

expect ALOT OF WAITING!!!!!! i waited 5 hours for about 3 minutes of cycling. the caravan is amazing though. it certainly builds up the atmosphere

My plans changed and ended up going up to The Mall to soak up the atmosphere and found a good spot outside Buckingham Palace. I arrived at 10 am so it's been a tiring day and I hope my pictures turn out Ok.

Back