TP Last.fm users

Oooh - does this mean we get our own chart now?

I've discovered quite a few decent new bands - I can see this is going to end up being expensive, as I'll have more CD's to buy :help:

Seen any good rock bands Minimeeze? there's not much new stuff around for a rock chick :(

Some bands coming up that I haven't heard of before (but then I do lead a sheltered life :LOL:)
Saliva
Fuel
Are all new to me. Breaking Benjamin are a fave of mine - give them a listen if You've not heard them before.

Is it just me or does all this web 2.0 stuff just take up too much time... I mean I want to join, but my myspace page is still a place holder, and now I have to install stuff for this? I need an assistant just to keep track of all this stuff.... :LOL:

I'm single, which explains my free time ;) Last.fm however predates the web2.0 "fad". Its been around for years.

I'm married, which explains my free time :D

Last.fm takes up no time at all, just install the scrobbler and forget about it. When you play music it does all its stuff in the background, and the site is there whenever you want to look at it.

Michael.

Some bands coming up that I haven't heard of before (but then I do lead a sheltered life :LOL:)
Saliva
Fuel
Are all new to me. Breaking Benjamin are a fave of mine - give them a listen if You've not heard them before.

Saliva and Fuel are pretty good, though I don't have much Fuel at the moment

They wouldn't sell me any.

I don't know if the fact I was holding a lighter and a sporting an evil grin had anything to do with that though...

I think it does it by the number of people who play the same thing.

So if one person plays Track 1 by Artist A 400 times in a week, then it will get '1' on the chart.

If 5 other people play Track 6 by Artist F once each during the week, it will get '5' on the chart.

I think it's designed to stop the charts getting ruined if someone leaves a single track on repeat a thousand times. It also presents a more accurate idea of which artists are popular with everyone in the group...

How random. None of my jPop showed up.

Case in point, all your jpop artists are listed in the full list I think, all the way down in 64 place :)

In that case none of mine will go above 1 as nobody else will like the stuff I do :LOL::LOL:

Are you Irish Whiteflyer or do you just like the music? :)

I'm not Irish, and that's not Irish music :LOL:

I'm an Englishman who likes lots of different music genres except heavy metal and boom boom boom dance rubbish :LOL:

Julie Fowlis is a Scottish Gaelic singer.

Last.fm-Mainstream-O-Meter result
cykey's top artists:
1 - Bear McCreary: 1% mainstream
2 - Harry Gregson-Williams: 5% mainstream
3 - Hans Zimmer: 16% mainstream
4 - John Ottman: 1% mainstream
5 - 菅野よう子: 11% mainstream
6 - Mark Mancina: 1% mainstream
7 - David Newman: 1% mainstream
8 - 鷺巣詩郎: 0% mainstream
9 - BT: 0% mainstream
10 - Hybrid: 0% mainstream

cykey is 4.35 % mainstream

mainstream.vincentahrend.com

Well that works well...

I think I'm losing my marbles but...... I'm sure I could listen to 'My Radio' last week. Now it's telling me I have to be a subscriber to have that privilege
sc1093ss.gif

I think I'm losing my marbles but...... I'm sure I could listen to 'My Radio' last week. Now it's telling me I have to be a subscriber to have that privilege

Its working for me :shrug:

Its working for me :shrug:

I can listen to the radio if I type a band name in, or a tag, but the 'Listen to My radio - 3 stations' bit doesn't work and I have to pay :thinking:

Just found the '80's Hair metal' tag.... now I'm re-living my teenage years
cloud9.gif

my radio and my neighbour???

they work for me

Great... i think i left my ipod cable in Victoria, i must find another before my 12hr+ flight home!

How strange..... I just got a pop-up to update my version of Last FM, which I downloaded, and now 'MY Radio' works :thinking:

This is really bugging me now... If I log in, I can't listen to 'Minimeeze's Radio Stations' as it tells me I need to subscribe. If I don't log in, I can listen to it. How bizarre is that? :shrug:

Wooo! :woot:

Now I have BB I can actually play some of this stuff.
Great to find some old stuff on there like local band the AuPairs, seen them many, many times and never expected to find them on there.

Im having a ball with this tonight! :D

Back