TP Phoneography FUN Weekend Challenge #5 - VOTING OPEN!

Best 'Three of a Kind' shot

• Post 10 - Yv - cars

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Post 11 - wegotitugetit - pens

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Post 15 - brooksy - Aliens

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Post 16 - Stokes - jellybabies

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Post 21 - N1cky - lunch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Post 22 - simsling - candles

• Post 23 - seashaker - roses

• POst 24 - Drodd - cards

• Post 28 - kev sly - cola

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Post 30 - davekiddle - rememberance

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Post 31 - matty - piano keys

• Post 34 - johnsy - cheeky thief

• Post 36 - richmond - socks [she can kill me later ;) ]

• Post 42 - fabs - pennies

• Post 44 - Demilion - fishies

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
Well here it is, our first challenge in the shiny new phoneography forum area, and stickied!

Those of you that have already joined in the previous 4 challenges know the pack drill, but for those that are new to it, here is the idea.

A theme is set on a Friday and you have until Midnight Sunday to take your picture and add to this thread. On Monday a poll will be added which will run till Thursday, and the winner gets to chose the next theme.
Some points to remember:
  • This is a FUN challange, there are NO PRIZES other than bragging rights. :D
  • The picture must have been taken and edited on a mobile phone - ANY editing is acceptabl as long as your phone can do it either with inbuilt editing, or in the case of smart phones, with apps.
  • usual forum image size restrictions apply
  • the point is to help you improve your ability to 'see' a picture and capture it and prove that its the photographer, not the kit that matters
  • MOST OF ALL - enjoy it, have some fun and get as many people as you an to join in

So, on with this weeks theme. We had a 3 way tie in last weeks poll, and after some discussion it was decided that trying to decide an outright winner in a fun challenge was silly, so a theme to represent the 3 winning entries was chosen. Your challenge for this week, should you chose to accept it, is....

THREE OF A KIND

Interpret the theme in any way you wish and remember, the only conditions are that the pic must be taken and edited in-phone. So get your phoneography thinking caps on and lets see even more great ideas than we have seen already. (y)

Woo - will have to get the old brain turning over to think for this one Yv!! Congratulations on the last challenge win Stokes, N1kcy and Keith rg (y):clap:

That was lucky I was just about to eat one of the three for my dinner :LOL:

This post is reserved for a really simply and unimaginative image. :LOL:

*will post it once I'm home.

This post is reserved for a really simply and unimaginative image. :LOL:

*will post it once I'm home.

Ermmm, we don't do that in this challenge.

If you want to post an image and then replace it at a later date, you do it in a new post further down the page.

Right, I will get the ball rolling, taken last night in the comfort of my own living room, some 'toys'

5170579002_35b082828f_b.jpg

nice ideas :) was sat in the pub last night moving Heinz sauce sachets around, didnt like the end result though. hopefully i will be more inspired when i go shopping later :)

nice ideas :) was sat in the pub last night moving Heinz sauce sachets around, didnt like the end result though. hopefully i will be more inspired when i go shopping later :)

yeah know the feeling the one above i was sat tere with a a4 piece of paper wondering what the hell to do and just messed about not the best thing certainly not going to be a winning image but it was god fun

I spent ages trying to get the dogs to sit together. No luck, so thats that idea outta the window! haha

Thinking cap on again.

My attempt !

iPhone 4 with ColorSplash App..

5171313677_61769b3c4e.jpg

Last edited:
There was an update I got yesterday for picsay pro that has added tilt-shift and faux HDR to the list of editing options, so looking out for appropriate images to try it out on now :D

thats the one :)

Here's mine for this week
5172498743_4e3ea08a12_z.jpg

Lunch, all gone now.

Heres mine for this week

taken with HTC Desire, resized in Picsay

Simon

OK here is mine, at work again :( so have not been able to be that creative with the subject but have enjoyed using a few apps :)

iPhone 4 pic taken using Quadcamera, cropped in Photogene (to get rid of fourth pic), then ColorSplash, then uploaded to flickr via app.

Loving the amount you can do on phones nowadays!!

Untitled by steviejack, on Flickr

Decided to get my poker hand out for this one :LOL:

Figured out how to resize image in phone today, so this one is straight from the phone. Went for the negative option to add a bit of character.

So here is my entry for this week:

5174835666_4f86e3cb39_b.jpg

Thanks for the interesting topic, I had to really put my thinking cap on for this one.

Cheers

Dawn :)

P.S. Taken with my old trusted Nokia N95

Last edited:
It's like an appfest weekend, lol.
Off to download quadcamera now and see how much you can have with £1.19.

Last edited:

It is amazing how much editing you can do in phone nowadays, and with the whole workflow being managed from shooting to uploading, its great!

I had inspiration in the sweet shop yesterday afternoon and now cant decide which entry to enter! grrr!

quadcamera is great!! muchos fun

It is amazing how much editing you can do in phone nowadays, and with the whole workflow being managed from shooting to uploading, its great!

I had inspiration in the sweet shop yesterday afternoon and now cant decide which entry to enter! grrr!

the apps for editing have really come on a long way, it is great and makes all the difference, fun levels also increased significantly haha :LOL:

after thought and humour at my localish sweet shop, i have changed my entry :) Am loving "pic say pro" on android :) It even lets you pixelize stuff :)

Last edited:
Bit of a simple one

Taken and edited on Nokia N95, resized in photoshop.

OK guys and gals I'm officially hanging my head in shame. I realise I'll never make a photographer. I'm going to stick to taking snaps that will remain for my eyes only.

I tried with this weekends theme, I really did. But, as you can see from the pics below, I failed miserably. :shrug:

None of these are meant as entries just wanted you all to know I tried.

One by Daidoh, on Flickr

Two by Daidoh, on Flickr

Three by Daidoh, on Flickr

Four by Daidoh, on Flickr

Five by Daidoh, on Flickr

Six by Daidoh, on Flickr

if you had removed the pole behind the socks that would have got my vote :) I spent ages thinking about what to do this week, its all a bit of fun... i know who im voting for this week though :)

i was in waterstones re arranging three comedy biographies, and thinking of using them... it gets you thinking!

I don't see what's wrong with any of them, I particularly like the one of the socks and the F1 boys.

if you had removed the pole behind the socks that would have got my vote :) I spent ages thinking about what to do this week, its all a bit of fun... i know who im voting for this week though :)

i was in re arranging three comedy biographies, and thinking of using them... it gets you thinking!

and that Sir, is the whole point! (y)

Back