Travel Camera

Name
Edward
Edit My Images
Yes
I am planning a round the world trip and am looking to invest in a camera. i have recently got into photography and my first camera was a Panasonic Lumix LX7. I really like this camera and i have taken some rally nice photos with it, but i feel it is lacking in the tele focal range. I want to progress to something a little more substantial and am considering a MFT camera as a good compromise on size and weight. I have been looking at the Olympus OM-D EM-5 and the Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 R Lens (and some bright primes but haven't decided on these yet)
. I like taking pictures at night, scenery, architecture and I want to experiment creatively with long exposures and shallow depth of field you get from larger sensors.
I would like to keep whatever I get to around £1000 (to start off with) and about 1Kg total (for camera and lenses). would anyone have any thought or suggestions?

Last edited:
Also have a look at the Fuji range as well ,some good bargain on at the moment,plus you have the larger sensor,which can pushed with high ISO than the Olympus :)

Sony DSC-RX10 is worth a serious look as a one lens solution, especially now the price has dropped 15% from its list price.

Also have a look at the Fuji range as well ,some good bargain on at the moment,plus you have the larger sensor,which can pushed with high ISO than the Olympus :)

You wouldn't have any particular models in mind?

Stylus 1 28-300mm f2.8 omd style and features pretty compact for travel

The X1 pro would need to be second hand with that budget.

The Oly stylus 1 is an option too
Have a look at the Oly OMD Em10 small and light and in budget.

As would some of the lower Fuji's and Oly pens.

Back