Tree

Edit My Images
Yes
thumb_20061214095330_dsc_0011.jpg

Had exam leave today so went for a walk up the lickeys, got tons of shots.

More...

Full size version if you don't want to go to my site, seems better quality:

20061214095330_dsc_0011.jpg

I think the tree in the foreground is a little too dark especially as it's the main focus of the shot also there's something in the bottom left that's a little distracting. The concept is excellent and well executed - I reckon this shot would work well in mono with some heavy contrast work to really bring out the grain of the bark in the main tree. All just IMO of course ;)
I really hope this doesn't sound patronising coz it really isn't meant to be, but I think it's so good to see someone young using imagination to capture some really interesting photographs. Everything you ever post Nath is creative and interesting. Good on you mate (y)

For hand held at 1/25 you done good (y)

Needs
more texture to make close on bark shots work ... preferably low angle early morning/later evening sunlight ... imo ... :thinking:

Good subject otherwise and nice first attempts Nath ... (y)

Doesn't exam leave mean you should be studying though ... :D

:p

Needs
more texture to make close on bark shots work ... preferably low angle early morning/later evening sunlight ... imo ... :thinking:

Good subject otherwise and nice first attempts Nath ... (y)

Doesn't exam leave mean you should be studying though ... :D

:p

Haha, yeah I guess it does :thinking:.

I'm gonna go through all of the shots and re edit them when I get my PC back, at the moment I'm stuck with Google's Picasa (which ain't all that bad, just doesn't compare to photoshop).

Back