Treecreeper on walkabout at Minsmere.

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Handheld late afternoon shots of Treecreeper whilst walking around. These are the best I have captured to date, the little blighters don't stay still for long.

1)

2)

I always find them difficult to find - they just appear in front of you when you don't expect them - then they are off

Nice shots - although 2), IMHO treecreepers only ever go up a tree

Yes Bill Treecreepers can only go up, even if upside down, unlike Nuthatches which can travel either way. Thank you for taking the time to look and comment.

I was very pleased with these and hoped they might get a few comments.

Could you please tell me the faults with the shots and how I might improve, remember they were taken whilst walking around, my normal mod-us operand i.

Many thanks in advance. I am no expert in these bird type shots just a keen photographer.

First off - well done for getting these, they're not the easiest of subjects by a long stretch. Quick and don't necessarily like you getting too close.

From a crit perspective, both are a little tight in the frame for my liking. If they were mine I'd be cropping them a little bit looser - not enough that they lose impact in the frame, but a little bit of 'breathing space' would be nice.

Was number 2 at that angle? It looks a bit unnatural, although I admit it could have been what you were presented with.

On the first I'd look to clone out that twig sticking out of his bum, then like I mentioned, loosen the crop off slightly, you have a nice tree to act as the perch, so it should work well.

That's about it from me without knowing your settings and any PP work you've already applied

Hi Richard

I'd agree with the comments regarding the composition. A little more room around the bird and if possible, have them less central looking into the frame.

Number one might be a little under exposed ?

On the whole though they're good shots of a bird that can be tricky to photograph or indeed spot.

Mike and Phil thank you for the constructive feedback. The second shot was how the bird was and is a natural shot.

Back