Critique Treecreeper

Edit My Images
No
Lucky morning………. and a beautiful morning here and a lucky one for me.

Went out with my morning cuppa - tripod set up over my shoulder -heard this kind of buzzing on the house wall above my head - and looked up and there's a Treecreeper - and it look as though it maybe nesting in the side of the house - we have an old stone farmhouse with lots of holes in it.

They move quickly but a got a few shots - but I think that the background and the sunny morning shadows may distract - and not wishing to not look a "gift horse" in the mouth, I think I rather see them climbing trees …………….. and a Wallcreeper, which just about gets to SW France would be nice

Two frames - both the same image - portrait versus landscape - and maybe "too close" for some ……….. but the rough stonework of the house can detract

TC_1_1.jpg
TC_2_1.jpg

Nice detailed shot. Personally I'd shave off about a third of the dead space (about an inch and a quarter as it looks on my 24" screen) on the right of the landscape version for a better composition. The second image seems to be slightly darker and holds more detail too.

Nice detailed shot. Personally I'd shave off about a third of the dead space (about an inch and a quarter as it looks on my 24" screen) on the right of the landscape version for a better composition. The second image seems to be slightly darker and holds more detail too.

Merci, Dr - those stones and the contrasting harsh sun and dark shadows, just "get me" a little
I played with the shadows and the highlight sliders then added just a touch of clarity and saturation …… but I was quite near and I am surpassed that a f5.6 the foot is a little OOF

I'm have a go - and post later as "the wife" is nagging me about doing some "gardening" ……. unless my bad back and gamy left knee kicks in earlier than usual

I'm have a go - and post later as "the wife" is nagging me about doing some "gardening" …….

Tell her to shutup and get on with the dishes and hooverin' and whatever the stuff that they do is................

Tell her to shutup and get on with the dishes and hooverin' and whatever the stuff that they do is................

If I did that she would scratch my Nikon 300mm f2.8VR …….. she thinks that I only paid £500 for it anyway and the TC 20E lll came with it

Here you go - I can only really do 2 x 3 or square and maybe the odd 16 x 9…….. not happy yet with "free flow"

TC_square.jpg

Can't you choose any crop you wish instead of pre-set ones. Are you using Lightroom or Elements or what??

Can't you choose any crop you wish instead of pre-set ones. Are you using Lightroom or Elements or what??

yes I can, I use LR 4.4 ……… but I'm still in "old school" mode and catching up you "youngsters" …… these odd free formats make me feel a little uncomfortable

The Gardening is not bad, she has let me drive the ride on ……. but not much out there at this hour … screaming Jay's, the odd buzzard and a very rare, for here, single house sparrow

Great detail in these shots, well done...

Back